Google Translator

Monday, June 8, 2009

Cottagey Fireplace Cover


After: I painted it and monogrammed it. You can't see it in the picture, but I also distressed it. I know I have these backwards, but I am new to blogging and am learning as I go.

Before: It was okay, but looked more colonial than cottagey to me. It also had a crackle finish, which again was okay, but not what I wanted. I like the after picture much better.





I am joining Metamorphosis Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to check out what some of the very talented people are doing today. There is some great stuff there!
My metamorphosis is the fireplace cover that I bought at our local Value Village. I disliked the gaping black hole in my Living Room and wanted something to cover it in a "cottagey" manner. When I saw this I immediately knew it could be exactly what I needed. So with a little paint and work I now have my cottagey fireplace cover. Thank you for taking a look and please check out Between Naps on the Porch for many other makeovers!!
Have a beautiful Monday!
Cindy

7 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

I love anything monogrammed! :) Super cute project, that turned out lovely! ~Rhonda :)

Linda's Blue Gate said...

So cute......love it....
Hugs
Linda

Michelle said...

I really like it, it's not the traditional fireplace screen, very nice.
Michelle

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Oh yes! Much better. :)

Lisa Shatzer said...

LOVE IT!!

Roeshel said...

Great job! It's beautiful! I love monograms! :)

Marie said...

Love the fireplace make-over! I've been looking for some inspiration.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com