Google Translator

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Love, Love, Love the Outdoors




















A Southern Daydreamer is hosting an Outdoor Wednesday Party, so I will take this chance to show you one part of my little cottage garden that is very late in putting in an appearance. The peonies are not even blooming yet. Only the ferns are really growing, we have had plenty of rain, so that does not surprise me. I was able to get the cutest little old bike that has a front basket for flowers and a little basket on the back. Do you like the sign? It says "Grandms's Garden". I have the names of my grandchildren written on large rocks scattered throughout the garden.
We live just a block from the Red River, the first three pictures are of the beautiful park that follows it for a ways. My sweet hubby and I went for a walk along it last night, it was so-o-o-o peaceful down there. I did not want to leave.
I hope you are able to enjoy the out of doors today, too. Please check out all of the gorgeous blogs over at A Southern Daydreamer. I love the Daydreamers Hydrangeas, I was going to plant one of them here until I realized that I really should see what I had already before planting anything else. I have several bushes and lots of perennials. I will give you a peak at them when they bloom.
Have a blessed day,
Cindy








8 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday Cindy! I am glad you joined us! What a wonderful yard you have! I like the idea of having your grandchildren's names on rocks scattered throughout your yard! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Kathleen said...

Beautiful pics! I love the bike.
I have a "Reclaimed" 3 wheeler...Someone left it out with a FREE sign on it, so I rode it home from the beach. It veers to the left, so I have to have it righted!
I was going to paint it and fill the baskets with flowers, but I didn't yet! One day!
Nice to meet you, Cindy!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy,

Your garden is lovely! I loved it when you said you have the names of your grandchildren written on large rocks scattered throughout the garden. That's so sweet.

Glad you joined us. Happy Outdoor Wednesday and the Lord's blessings to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always love meeting new bloggers.

Love the pictures, they are great.

Blessings
Robin

Brenda said...

Great photos, especially of the bike. Looks lonesome there though, all by itself. Love your blue bungalow especially. Such a pretty shade of blue.
Brenda

skoots1mom said...

beautiful yardoh so pretty...love your pictures!

Mary said...

What a wonderful garden and beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the bike sis and the rock Idea is so adorable. If you run out of names you can use your families. lol. It's big enough to build a small fort. Take care and keep up the cool blog. p.s. thanks for telling me how to comment instead of typing you a book. lol. love u tons Rhonda