Google Translator

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kitchen Inspiration

I was looking through the Country Living website and found some lovely kitchens. I am always drawn to the retro look and so I hope when we redo our kitchen that I will be able to keep it fairly true to it's 1927 roots. The kitchen above is so elegant, I love the chandelier.
Don't you just adore the colors of the one above? I think they are so yummy!
The kitchen above reminds me of mine. It is so small. I love to cook and it is so hard to do so without room to spread out. I really like the clear canisters, I have thought of storing my red ones and getting the clear ones. Ikea has them. I have seen light fixtures like those at the Home Depot.


Isn't that the sweetest pantry door? And in RED!



Who wouldn't love a retro kitchen with a little eating area off to the side?




These cabinets look like something they would have had back in 1927, the year my house was built, don't you think? I have a wood floor to uncover, too. I have no idea what condition it will be in. Maybe I could paint it like the pic above?
Well, I can dream and finding pictures like these certainly help!
Have a dreamy day!
Hugs, Cindy





3 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I want to see that house of yours...the 1920's was the best year IMHO I am jealous . Loved your photos too.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I went searching and found a few picture of your lovely home, it is wonderful. I knew it would be...

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I wanted to thank you for leaving such a sweet note on my blog. Hang in there the comments will come...