Google Translator

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom

I am joining the "Outdoor Wednesday" party over at A Southern Daydreamer. Be sure to check out her blog, it is always so interesting! Thank you, Susan, for hosting this.



My back yard is such a peaceful place to sit and read a book, drink iced tea or eat my lunch. It is private because of the hedge, also. That is where my lilac bushes are, so soon I should have lilacs showing up on this side as well as the back.


If you click on my pics they enlarge. Can anyone please identify this plant? It is a perrenial and it grows to about 2 and 1/2 feet high with little white bells growing off of each frond. It is so pretty. It reminds me of the Lily of the Valley that I have growing in other areas of my garden. But it is much larger.



Our oldest grand son has such a kind little heart. If we are doing anything, he wants to help. He has proven himself to be a very hard worker! He is helping his grandpa pull dandelions.





"You cannot do a kindness too soon, you never know how soon it will be too late." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." ~Plato


Eph 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.



Life is such a fleeting thing. It was just 18 years ago this month that my sweet dad passed away. One day he was seemingly perfectly healthy and the next day, on his 59th birthday, he had a massive stroke. His last words were in his Heavenly language and after being in a coma for one month he went on to meet Jesus face to face. He was the kindest, most loving man I had ever met, until I met my husband, who also has a heart as big as Canada!


Every person I meet has a story, I don't have to dig very deep until I begin to peel back layers of pain and suffering. So often people do not deal with their pain sufficiently and they continue to live in it for years. One of my passions is to help bring healing to these hurting souls. In simply being kind to every person I meet I can make a difference in somebodies day. My goal every day, is to be like Jesus. He never made a thoughtless statement, said an unkind word that He later had to go back and apologize for, or blew somebody off as not worthy of His time. So if I do, then I am not what I so desperately want to be.

Hope you have a beautiful day today, full of sunshine and love. And, see if you can make a difference in somebodies day!

Hugs, Cindy

7 comments:

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Hi Cindy,

You are so sweet to stop by my blog and take the time to leave a comment. To a Canadian, I must tell you we loved our visit to Victoria. Everyone had well kept yards with lush flower gardens. You must take the cruise to Alaska particularly since you love the Lord. It is truly a spiritual experience viewing all his majestic creation.

Mary said...

I love your pictures Cindy. Have a wonderful day.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Cindy! You have a wonderful place in your backyard for reading or eating or simply letting time pass by! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Stacey said...

Hi Cindy. Just popped in for a visit. Your new blog is really nice. I enjoyed your quotes and the scripture. You are a very encouraging person. :)

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

Thank you so much for sharing. That story of you father really touched my heart. I lost my father just 2 years ago on my birthday.

Have a wonderful week.

TTFN~~Claudia

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

I think you have a nice backyard to and looks kinda refreshing. nice plants there that give you privacy.

yes, every people has a different story to tell. Same situations but different story and approach. You seem like a really nice person. and your dad must really be a great man.

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Li

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post, Mom. You are so sweet and it just reminds me how much I miss you!
Love you,
Marissa