Google Translator

Friday, June 5, 2009

What's for Tea?










Banana Bread and fresh strawberries!



I am joining in on Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum. There you will find links to some wonderful recipes. Please stop by and check them out.



This morning I made some delicious Banana Bread, I originally got the recipe here at Daisy Cottage some time back now. Kim's recipe was delicious, but I like to use butter in my recipe and whole wheat flour whenever possible. I used pecans in it, because that is what I had on hand and I enjoy the mild taste of pecans. By the way, did you know that Canadians pronounce the word pee cans. I cannot say it that way, it sounds offensive to my American root ears! But I digress.


Grandma's Banana Bread (with Cindy's changes)
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat. Add flour, sifted with salt and soda. Add mashed bananas last. Bake in a greased loaf pan at 325 degrees for 1 hour. I put it in a bundt pan and baked for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.






I hope you all have a delicious day!






Cindy












11 comments:

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Mmmmm...I love a good moist banana bread.

LOL because my southern country boy husband and his family also say "pee cans."

Mary said...

Your table and your bread both look beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a wonderful day.

xinex said...

This looks so good. It's my garnddaughter's favorite bread so I'm going to have to make it when she visits this summer. Thanks for the recipe...Christine

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

THANKS FOR COMING BY AND THE SWEET NOTE THAT YOU LEFT. YOUR TABLE AND YOUR HOME ARE WONDERFUL, SO GLAD I DID NOT MISS THEM. DON'T BE A STRANGER NOW...

Annette said...

Just stopping by to say, "Hi, Cousin." :)

The bread sounds delicious, and I think I have everything to make it...except the real butter.

Your table is beautiful.

Joyce said...

I have to admit that I say pee cans too:) Your table looks lovely and the banana bread looks so good I want a piece right now. Thanks for sharing and have a fun weekend.
Joyce

ButterYum said...

One of my favorite quick breads... hands down! Thanks for joining Foodie Friday!

ButterYum

Terry & Dennis Macri said...

My mother always made such good banana bread. I have never tried it with the whole wheat flour. Looks really good.

Nancy Jane said...

Your cake looks simply scrumptious.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Love banana bread! I have my grandmother's recipe too! I hope you had a happy Foodie Friday and are having a great weekend ~ Susan

Gollum said...

Banana bread, strawberries, and tea--my idea of a delicious way to spend the afternoon! Hope you're having a great day!