Google Translator

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Before and After of the World's Smallest Bathroom


I have one "Before" picture of my bathroom. You can see the Hollywood light fixture and the green walls.

The next pictures are the "After" pictures, and I guess my bathroom probably isn't the smallest one in the world, but it is certainly small. It is about 6 ft. by 4 1/2 feet. I painted it in the same color as the rest of my little cottage. I call it butter yellow because it is about the color of butter. It is actually a Behr color, not sure it's name. I tried to make it cottagey by making a shower curtain out of a queen sized sheet. It was $9.97 at Zeller's. It has tiny pink, green and blue poke-a-dots on it. I have had the Norman Rockwell picture for many years. I adore Norman Rockwell prints. The plates on the wall always make a room look cottagey. The rattan shelf was purchased at Home Sense for about $50.00. It is made out of solid wood and was already white. The little picture was a yard sale find, $1, I think.






We put the new light fixture in, I found the little apothecary jars at thrift stores around Winnipeg and I filled them with bath items soaps and salts.










I painted the waste can white and replaced the little upholstered piece with pink gingham and of course an "S". And oh yes, a lamp for when my grand children stay over, they need to see where they are going.








Well there you have it, my cottagey little bathroom! Hope you enjoyed the tiny tour. Only one person in the room at a time, please, there is hardly room to turn around and I don't want anyone to get stuck.




Hope you all have a wonderful weekend,







Cindy

5 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

You did a great job with that bathroom and I feel your pain...mine are so small, house of the 80's but on a good note, it is easy to clean! thanks for stopping by.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I have to agree that hallway of j.r. is stunning. I will keep that in my files forever. thanks for coming by.

Candi said...

I love it, it's gorgeous!!!

limpingalong said...

A lovely little room. My Sweetie and I stayed in a "court" (early version of motel with kitchenette) and the bathroom was so small if someone was in the shower and wanted to come out the other person had to leave the room.

Anonymous said...

What a charming little room.
Judy

Blog Archive