Google Translator

Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Porch Table and Chairs on Met Monday!

It is Metamorphosis Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch! I love before and afters, if you do too, go take a look at what is offered there.
I bought this table and two chairs for $20.00 at a garage sale. I re glued the spindles and painted it. I loved the lines and pretty legs, but it was hard to appreciate it in this old antiquing finish someone had applied to it. Now it is so pretty! I love it, I painted it with Behr Powdered Snow.

The morning sun enhances it so nicely!



It is now a pleasant place to have breakfast or even just my morning coffee.





The question now is, do I distress it or not? I did a tiny bit here, I'm not sure if you can see it or not here in the photo below.


Thank you, Susan, from Between Naps on the Porch.

Be sure to go over to Susan's and read her entry, she is giving some great tips on Decorating. Her family room is so beautiful, I would say that she definitely knows what she is talking about.
Hope your day is full of sun!!
Cindy



8 comments:

Frugal Fine Living said...

It looks beautiful painted! I am a fan of distressing, so I would probably do it.

Enjoy your day!

Jane

Nancy said...

OH OH OH! It is beautiful!! What a cozy porch you have!!!

Come by and enter for a book giveaway I am having.

Hope you have a wonderful day. Nancy

Sarah said...

Looks beautiful!
As far as the distressing goes, I haven't done it yet on the tables I painted, but they're starting to wear on the corners anyway. That freshly painted look doesn't stay forever and it will start to get distressed on its own. I'm letting nature take its course over here. ;)

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Don't you just LOVE it??? I sure do! Great job. :)

Kammy said...

So nice ! I love the color and that porch is awesome !
Hugs~Kammy

Reflections ... said...

Great transformation! I love the white...Just live with your table the way it is for a while...then sand it a bit and see if you like it. If not, just paint it again!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a great table! I have been looking for one just this size!! I think you picked a great color and it looks so much better painted. I am a big fan of distrssing, but it's up to you. You can always re~paint over the sanded parts if you don't like it.

Great job!! Happy Met Monday, a bit late!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Cass @ That Old House said...

Love the paint job -- and what fun for me to see those two matching chairs. They are identical to the chairs we had when I was a kid, in our summer house.

My Mom painted them, and the refrigerator, watermelon pink! This was in 1960 -- I think she was ahead of her time.

Thanks for reviving some very sweet memories for me.
Cass

Blog Archive