Google Translator

Friday, July 24, 2009

Things That Inspire

Remember this chair? I am still working on it and it's partner like it. The last coat of paint went on last week and now comes the making of a slip cover for it. I am going to make it out of a very old, very sturdy chenille bedspread. What do you think of that? I have one almost completed. It should be done before I go to bed tonight! I am so excited, I think they will be so pretty and so "ME".

I love white and off-white platters, dishes and etc. I picked this tray up last weekend and the candles yesterday. I need to go to the dollar store to pick up some votive holders today. Yesterday started out rainy and soooo depressing. I had plans for the day, but they did not work out and I was left feeling sorry for myself. So I decided to go to go for a drive and check out some little shops that I had seen but never had time to go in to. I found one little store that had some great "April Cornell" clothing. Then I found a shop called Among Other Things. I have been searching for a place like this ever since I came here. I will frequent that place, believe me. I found some little crystal knobs for a project that I will be showing you soon.



Upon entering our little bungalow, you see this. Not too inspiring, eh? (Minus the H of course.) I had seen somewhere the word "HOME" spelt out on a wall similar to this. So while I was in Bellingham in the wonderful USA, where they have everything, I went to Joann's Fabrics and picked up the letters. This is what you see from the living room side, going into the entry way. (I took down the jackets and bags that were hanging there. I'm afraid they were not too inspiring!) I think it looks really nice. What do you think?

We are so blessed to have the sweetest neighbors on the block. They put in this little garden that you can see at the edge of our property. They tend it and it is so pretty as you will see in further pictures here. It is their house that you see there on the right in the photos. Ours is to the left.















When we moved in they told us they had put it in, but it belonged to us and they were asking me what else they should put in. I told them to do whatever they wanted to do with it, I did not really have any preferences. It is at the edge of their patio and they see it more than we do and they enjoy it so much. What else could I say? The man told us that he had always trimmed our hedges for the people who lived here before us and that he would continue to do so if we didn't mind. Mind? Of course we didn't mind. Especially seeing as how we did not have a hedge trimmer to our name. LOL!! In return I bake cookies and bread for him. He and his sweet wife are such great neighbors. I can't forget to tell you that they have a fur baby named Baxter. He's a little white dog and I will try to get a picture of him some time soon.
I have linked this to The Inspired Room, and I hope you have enjoyed the things that have inspired me this week.
Hope you all have a sunny weekend,
Cindy

6 comments:

Bill said...

Hi Cindy,
Looking forward to seeing the chairs with the chenille slipcovers in place ... I'm sure they'll be great!

Seems that you inherited some wonderful neighbors. Beautiful photos of the plantings! I'll bet they LOVE seeing you headed their direction with home-baked cookies and bread!

~~Carol~~ said...

I think that chair is going to look fabulous with chenille covers! If you were my friend, that would be "my chair" whenever I came to visit!

Terry said...

I like the white chair but I'll like to more when the brown is gone.

Embellished Bayou said...

I think the chenille fabric ill be lovely! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

c. this was one of your best post. I can not wait to see that chair. Your home and the door and window were very inspiring. I loved that you have great friends next door too. Life is good...

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I would like the HOME with the jackets and hats hung under it. It is the people who wear the jackets and hats that make the home.
Judy

Blog Archive