Google Translator

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom and Outdoor Wednesday

Albert Einstein said: "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."



There is an acrostic for JOY that I love and have taught on several occasions. J is for Jesus, O is for Others and Y is for You. That is where we will find joy and fulfillment, living first for Jesus, for others and then for yourself. I find people who live strictly for themselves are constantly frustrated and feel like they have not achieved anything of real significance. I try to be like David in the Bible who said to God, "Early will I seek thee." If I seek God first thing in the morning, and spend time with him in meditation and prayer, then I have something to give somebody else. At the end of the day, I feel fulfilled and I can enjoy a life filled with JOY!





Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday! You must check out A Southern Daydreamer and see all of the outdoor pictures. It always proves to be very interesting and again I want to thank Susan for hosting this fun day! My pictures today are from the trip we took out west a couple of weeks ago. This shows all of the boats at a marina in Bellingham, Washington. I loved the view showing the wild rose bushes, the craggy rocks, the water and the picturesque boats.


My youngest grand daughter and I.



My oldest daughter and I with her kids. Her poor hubby had to work the whole time we were there, so I don't have any pics of him at all. I love the water in the back ground here. We have enjoyed this walk along the shore many times and it was so good to revisit this lovely harbour.




I love the way we caught the reflection of the setting sun on the sailboat.

I hope you enjoyed my little visual trip to Bellingham Harbour, it is such a lovely place and Bellingham is going to great lengths to recover more and more of the harbour and make it visitor friendly.


Have a wonderful day! And may the sun shine on you wherever you may be!


Cindy

14 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy, these are some beautiful shots, and I, too, love to get up early and praise and seek the Lord!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday from Florida...

XO,

Sheila :-)

ClassyChassy said...

Nice photos - thanks for sharing them!

Marsha said...

Very beautiful shots - I too love how you captured the reflection of the setting sun on the sailboat.

Maria Berg said...

It is good to be outside in the sun with the one we love.

Nice to paint table and chairs white, MB

g.suzie said...

Love the sail boat photo, what a nice vacation for you to spend time with your family. . .I like the 'JOY' analogy. I'm going to have to file that one away and remember it!

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

All of these photos are so beautiful...thanks for sharing them with us!!!

Donna Marie said...

Great pics! I love the boat! Thanks for sharing!

xoxoxoxox
Donna Marie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That is a very pretty harbor in Bellingham, Washington! It must have been so special to spend some time with your daughter and grand children.
I live far from my grandson and I always look forward to whatever time we can be together.

Lori said...

What wonderful pictures.. I love outdoor Wednesday's so I can see everyone's beautiful photos...

Pauline said...

I love the sailboat picture, back in February when we were out whale watching I got more pictures of sailboats than i did whales and they are my favorites .. thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

I feel so much cooler just looking at the photos. What a fabulous place to go for a walk. Thanks for sharing your photos. And thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Mary said...

What a lovely family you have. The photo of the sailboat says summer to me. Have a wonderful day.

Charlene said...

Cindy, thank you for visiting me for Outdoor Wednesday. Sorry i am a bit late... I loved the photos you shared of Bellingham Harbour. You & I both posted the Pacfic Coast this week. Wonderful1!!! Have a blessed week.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom! I do like the glasses!
This is not a great pose of your oldest daughter...haha...

Great blog. Lotsa love.

Blog Archive