Google Translator

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom and Outdoor Wednesday


Welcome to another Outdoor Wednesday. Today I want to share pictures of my daughter's lovely yard. Be sure to go over to A Southern Daydreamer. You will see some lovely outdoor pics there today!





"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Author Unknown



My dad used to say that to me when I was a young girl. I loved beauty and I was often expressing my opinion about who I thought was beautiful and who I did not. My dad would often say, "Cindy, beauty is in the eye of the beholder." What we think is beautiful, someone else may not and viseversa.



I feel the same way now that I am "grown." I still love beauty and am drawn to beautiful things. I am so thankful that God created so many beautiful things and people. Something that is not beautiful is our patchy lawn and it BUGS me. The flowers are so gorgeous and I am trying to be patient. My husband reassured me yesterday that we are still going to get a load of topsoil and reseed our lawn. I realized after I downloaded this picture here that it is not the latest picture of my old bicycle and patchy lawn. I'm not sure where that picture went. I'll have to find it! Below is our daughter and son-in-law's house in Washington state. This lawn started out patchy and our son-in-law worked very hard on it and it is really beautiful now.



This is their little garden. They usually grow strawberries, beans, lettuce and squash.




This is my dear daughter's marigolds on her old faded bench. I saved the marigolds from sure destruction! My 2 1/2 year old grandson was in the backyard one day while we were visiting and I realized that he was holding onto his baseball bat and standing beside a desecrated rose bush! The pieces were lying at his feet, and while I watched he lifted his bat up and was about to take a swing at these marigolds. I screamed his name and he stopped in midair and looked at me as I said very loudly, "Don't you dare hit your mother's flowers!" He very sweetly walked away and found his little baseball and started playing with it. He is one energetic little boy! He is so sweet, though. He hadn't seen us for nearly a year and he remembered us immediately!

This is what our grandson SHOULD be doing with his little bat. He is an avid baseball player. He had his granddad playing ball every day for hours on end. He was such fun.




Speaking of beauty, what is more beautiful than grand children? NOTHING!!! We love ours so much and I am so grateful for the four that we have been blessed with.


Have a beautiful day, you deserve it!


Cindy








13 comments:

Julie said...

Love the Bicycle pic and of course the future Major League player!

Bill said...

I like the bicycle pic a LOT!
Stop by and visit when you have a chance, OK? There's a bicycle pic in my "Summer Celebration" post (I didn't create the display -- just took the photo because I liked the whimsy of it).

Bye for now,
Bill @ Affordable Accoutrements

Cass @ That Old House said...

What cute pictures -- and I am sure that if I am lucky enough to have grandkids someday -- they will of course be the most beautiful in the world ... just like everyone else's!

The bike pic is great!
Cass

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Oh I wish I could have a little vegi garden like that!!! Just not enough room unless I rip out my roses.

And, no middle name doesn't start with a J. I'm Cynthia Susan.

CailinMarie said...

so funny about that baseball bat! look at their veggies! good for them. Your bike looks great with flowers! :-)

Crystal said...

I love the whimsy of your old bicycle shot. Boys will be boys won't they. Your grandson looks like he was having a blast. I am glad you enjoyed your visit so much. Grandchild are wonderful!
Thanks for visiting an leaving your sweet comment.
Crystal

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Love the bike and the little ball player is too cute. Thanks for coming by today. I always enjoy a visit from you.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Love the baseball player. So cute. So absolutely cute. I have 7 grandchilren and I can see he is like my Kain Boy. The bike is precious I can't wait to see the next pic you post of it. I didn't see a place to follow your blog, so I hope you will pop over to mine and follow it, so I can find you. I have an old bike, and this would be a great idea. Mine is a childs bike, which I think would be precious. What a really creative idea. Happy Outdoor Wednesday. Country Hugs, Sherry

Nancy said...

Hi Cindy,

I love that bicycle!!! Lots of outdoor beauty and fun here! nancy

KayC. said...

Love being a Grandma, there is nothing better! The bicycle pictures is great.

Mary said...

Your batter is an absolute doll. Thank you for sharing photos that will soon enough become memories with us.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great pictures. Cute story about the bat.
Glenda

Blondie's Journal said...

Your grandson is a cutie!! I am sure that batting at the flowers just looked like good fun to him. I remember yelling out the back door to my kids, "Don't trample my flowers". LOL!!

Don't worry about your lawn. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. And be patient. It takes time to get things looking good...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday, Cindy!

xoxo
Jane

Blog Archive