Google Translator

Monday, July 13, 2009

Yard Saleing and a Free Chest of Drawers


Hi, oh my goodness, the weekend sped by so quickly!! I did find some great yard sales though!
This chest of drawers wasn't a yard sale bargain, no, it came "FREE" from my neighbors. They are so giving and kind, we have been truly blessed by having them right next door. They were going to get rid of this, but they asked me if I wanted it and of course I wanted it!!! I am going to paint it all white, after I get my electric spray painter, that is.

I met some neighbors right across the street who were having a yard sale. I bought that lovely mirror for $1 and the bench for $5. I originally thought I would use it in my music room with my black keyboard, but unless I paint it black, I don't think that will work. I have put it in my bedroom instead and I think it looks good there. The furniture legs that you see were 50 cents each and the little wooden pieces were 25 cents each. You might have to enlarge the picture to see them, unfortunately. That yard sale had some wonderful antiques, but I'm running out of room in my little house. So, I contented myself with just a few small pieces. What you can't see there, hidden behind one of the legs, is a small picture of an old fashioned bathtub with the caption "Remember a nice hot bath can solve almost any probem." Sorry you can't see it there. I will post another pic of it soon then you can see where I put it in my bathroom.




I have never found a whole lot of good stuff at yard sales until I moved here less than a year ago and I have found some great things since. Gotta love it!


Please go by Southern Hospitality and see what others found over the weekend! Thank you, dear Rhoda, for hosting this today!



Happy Monday to you all,



Hugs, Cindy




8 comments:

Nicole @ BugaBoos said...

Ohhh I am so jealous, those furniture legs are so neat! What great finds! Love the bench and that mirror and can't wait to see the dresser redo!

~~Carol~~ said...

Wow, I would've grabbed those legs too! You never know when creativity will hit, and you'll need them! The chest of drawers will look great painted, I'm sure. Great finds!

Lynette said...

What great finds - can't wait to see the dresser re-do and those furniture legs look great!!

Happy Monday to you -

pk @ room remix said...

Can't wait to see the after photos of the dresser! Great finds...

Jane said...

Nice finds. I always end up loving me free gifts/finds more than the stuff I bought. What a treasure in those neighbors.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Gotta love free.
Glenda

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Cindy, those are some great things! I just love that so many of us rescue old things & make them work again.

Kammy said...

Wow, I need to come live in your neighborhood ! Great finds and free is the best !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Blog Archive