Google Translator

Friday, August 7, 2009

Music Room

Music is the expression of a man's soul. ~Me

I love music, mainly just instrumentals. My husband and I had opportunity to hear the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra play one time and I thought I was in heaven. I enjoyed it so much that words cannot express the rapture that I felt at hearing the instruments playing in harmony. At the end of the evening a pianist played a couple of pieces with the orchestra backing him and it was absolutely divine! Of all the instruments, I love hearing the piano/keyboard being playing the most. As a little girl I always dreamed of playing the piano. I remember that we had an old player piano in our house when I was really young and I pounded on it often. We mom got a piano after we moved to Canada, when I was nine years old, but our house burned down a couple of years later and that was the end of us having a piano in our home.
The picture above is taken looking into my music room.


Here is my old wardrobe that I am planning on painting white, soon. It is old and scarred, so that is probably to best thing to do with it.



My mother's old accordion is standing in the corner, I fool around on it, but I can't really play it. My folks ministered to the Native people for many years, traveling to the reserves closest to where we lived in BC and my mom would take that old instrument along and play it. She could make beautiful music on it. My mom was a very talented musician. My older sis and I have both had to teach ourselves and neither one of us have the talent that our mother had. We need it though, because we are both married to Pastors and have had to provide music for the church.

I love to play my keyboard. I taught myself about eleven years ago and I have played in church ever since. I am still learning, there is still so much that I need to know.



There is a guitar hiding in the corner there. It is a loaner, my husband was interested in learning, but with arthritis in his hands, he finds it to be very difficult.



My big comfy chair. A sweet lady named Ruth made the little rugs for me.



Well, that was a look into my music room, we are one our way out here looking into the living room and dining room beyond that. I hope you have enjoyed our little tour today, I am always looking for ideas, so if you have any please let me know. I love to decorate, but I have so much to learn!


Please go over and see what The Inspired Room is offering today.


Hugs to all,


Cindy







11 comments:

shopannies said...

thanks for sharing such a great looking room

JanMary said...

Thanks for the tour. I have our old family piano - it is over 100 years old, and from Berlin.

Hi from N Ireland.

Atticmag said...

That was a lovely tour. I have always wished I knew how to play the piano. Your music room looks so relaxing. My great Aunt played the organ and I remember how I loved to listen to her play. I had forgotten about that--so hugs for reminding me of those memories.

Thanks for visiting :-) Jane T.

Puna said...

awww...I wish I had a music room.

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Good evening Cindy,
Just wanted to update you on the results to my Romantic Homes monthly post poll. I am happy to announce that I will be continuing the monthly post. Thank you for stopping by and for your participation! It was a great help. By the way...great music room. Thank you again.


♥Ana

Bonnie said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's nice to meet you!
Love your music room! I attempted guitar lessons once when I was young but I quit after the first lesson when I noticed my poor instructor with his face in his hands, rubbing his temples!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping over for a visit! What a neat story about your mother and her music!

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Good morning Cindy,
Yay! Yes you are! You were the 2nd person to comment on my Pay it Forward post. I get to make you a little something just for you. How fun is this? All I need is an address where I can send you your gift. Please email me at dollcreations@netzero.net. Thank you so much for your visit and for your comment. Have a great day.

♥Ana

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Love the music room ! I did want to clear something up...the first photo on my blog is not in my home, but a room I did for a client in only one day. The other two are mine. Thanks for visiting.

Pam said...

What a lovely room. I enjoyed the tour.

The Stylish House said...

Hi Cindy,
It was nice to see your comment on my blog today, thank you for visiting. I enjoyed getting to know you and your family through this post. I love music, but never learned to play an instrument. My daughter plays the flute beautifully, so I live vicariously through her in that aspect!
Your mirrored armoire is lovely; it looks like French pieces I have seen. I think it will look beautiful with a coat of white paint. A pretty tassel hanging from the knob might look nice also. You are lucky, because your home gets good light. I love older homes for this very reason. I am working on a kitchen remodel for a 1920 craftsman style home at the moment, which reminds me a bit of your home.
Cathy