Google Translator

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday & My Neighborhood


As promised last week, a tour around "The Purple House's" yard. I am posting this for Outdoor Wednesday. Please go over to A Southern Day Dreamer and see what others are posting today.
First up... the sign.

See, it really is a purple house, with Yellow Orange trim.

Her front door is very charming with a french door there. She has so many different kinds of plants and flowers around her house. I don't even know the names of most of them. I think I see a hydrangea peaking over the edge here.

Look, a sweet little tree house, wouldn't that make a little girls heart go pitter-patter?

Are the yellow flowers delphiniums? And look at the beautiful big bird house. Don't you love the iron fence? I have another neighbor with an iron fence much like that, I wonder who makes those.

A bird bath for the many birds that live in our community. I see hostas here, did you know that a hosta is a lily? Am I the only one who didn't know that?

Oh, I love the holly hocks!!! I want some, aren't they lovely and this is a lovely view, too.


She has a beautiful smooth lawn.

For a touch of whimsy, an old, way older than mine, bike planter with plants growing all around it. Isn't that cute?

Now we are in the alley and this is on the side of her garage, the window is a painting! I love it!!!




Well, we are nearly finished here, one last look at a shed that is tucked into the corner of her yard, and it has a gingerbread siding and... a chandelier!

Have you enjoyed the quiet little tour? I loved snapping the pictures last week and tonight when I passed the Purple House on my walk, I was hoping to see her in her yard, well... she was there but she had company, I heard silvery laughter coming from the back of her yard and there she was with somebody else sitting on old metal yellowy orange porch chairs. And, I could smell a fragrant smoke in the air, I think they had a little fire going. Oh, I wish I knew her and I could have joined them perhaps. One day...

Hope your Wednesday is beautiful and bright!

Hugs, Cindy

17 comments:

Kathleen said...

Loved the tour, and I love the bike in your header too!
The gardens are so pretty!

claudie said...

I ADORE this house. Not sure if those are delphiniums, never ever seen yellow ones. I have to go back right now and take a better look.
Thanks for the amazing tour. I'm a pink on the inside kind of girl, outside is red and yellow.... but this purple house... to die for.
thanks again
Love Claudie
ox

Millie said...

You certainly did justice to the purple house! The yellow flowers are "rayflower" -ligularia. I have some in my garden which are not nearly as tall.

Kristine said...

Just gorgeous! I love the view over the fence and the paintings in the window are so cute!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

The garden is great. I love the painted window.

Lisa Shatzer said...

What a colorful, happy looking place. Such fun!

Regina said...

Great place and shots.
Nice outdoor post.

Greet said...

It seems very nice living in your neighbourhood Cindy!

Greet

Riet said...

What a gorgeous house with beutiful garden around. Have a nice day

pk said...

What a beautiful, whimsical place! Thanks for sharing it.

Mary said...

Such whimsy! I'm really impressed by her English cottage garden and your photos of the property. I suspect she has some help keeping it :-). I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Love Bears All Things said...

I felt like I was walking with you. Such a beautiful and inviting place. I hope you get to know her, soon.
Mama Bear

Brenda said...

What a whimsical delightful house! Thanks for taking us there. I love the cottage garden, the cute fence. All the special little touches she has made to show how much she loves her home.
Brenda

mbkatc230 said...

What a welcoming, beautiful home. I love all the little touches that make it special. And her gardens are just gorgeous. I especially love the chandy in the shed - how cute! Thanks for sharing. Kathy

lois said...

i hope you do get to meet her! i know she would love you. really enjoyed the tour... loving your blog!

Beverly said...

I could NEVER talk my hubby nto a purple house! How sweet and charming it is. Love, love, love all of the flowers, the bike, the bath...you name it

Linda/"Mom" said...

* Your daughter's home is absolutely HEAVEN*ON*EARTH!!!

How can a home be soooooooo storybook enchanting???? WONDEFUL!!!

MANY, many thanks for sharing this!

Linda in AZ *