Google Translator

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Rummage Sale

Do you remember the old fashioned rummage sales that Churches used to have? The Ladies Auxiliary would make their knitted crafts and bake goodies? Well, our church here where my husband is Associate Pastor still has them several times a year and we bring in thousands of dollars with them. Aren't these lovely old tins? They came from the Rummage sale.
I found these three skirts and the little sweater there, also. They were a dollar or two a piece.
I just realized that that is a terrible picture, so sorry, I should have loaded another one that was better. Too late, the third one was the plain pink that you see there at the bottom.
We also serve a pancake breakfast, my son is mixing up the pancake mix and our Senior Pastor is the cook, and a good one!


My husband washed dishes all day long, he says he still has dish pan hands. My little grand daughter is there with the long braid. She is eight and she serves the coffee and tea and runs for drinks.


Our Pastor cooking up the pancakes, eggs, hash browns and sausages.


Sarah sells the handmade crafts and the baked goods. I made 18 dozen cookies for the sale.



I worked with Diane in the rummage area, I straightened the clothing and made sales. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. We made nearly $1500.00 in one day.
That is my post for dear Rhoda's Thrifty Finds. Be sure to go over there and check out what others are posting today at Southern Hospitality. And thank you Rhoda for being such a lovely hostess.
Have a good Monday,
Hugs, Cindy






9 comments:

Greet said...

Well Cindy, I see that you had a lots of fun and I think it gives you always a good feeling to do something to help other people.

I have a saying hanging in my kitchen that to my opinion is very nice! Here I translated it for you from Dutch into English, I hope you will understand.

" The spirit gets rich through what he receives; the heart gets rich through what it gives." (Victor Hugo)

Greet

Beverly said...

We also do this a couple times a year...it is a great way to raise money...we use it as a mission event for our church because we always give the money to a preset charity or family. Yours looked like a blast!

Nancy said...

Hi Cindy, Thank you so much for the welcome back!!! I really do appreciate all your visits!

It looks like you had a fun weekend!! I could eat of few of those pancakes!!! Okay...more then a few....more like half a dozen~LOL ;) Nancy

Nancy said...

Cindy,
You found some very neat treasures! I love how your church has these rummage sales. And the pancake breakfast sure includes a lot of your family! That's great. Thanks for sharing a little part of your family and church family!

Nancy

Paula said...

I love those canisters and would definitely buy some like them if I ever see any for sale.

Embellished Bayou said...

Wow, a great rummage sale and breakfast, too?? How wonderful (and yummy)!

Betty said...

Cindy,
You found great things...

Isn't being a minister's wife a blessing? I think so...

Thanks for visiting with me...Betty

Jan said...

Oh I want to go to the NEXT sale your church has! Of course, living in AZ that may become a trying task! : ) You found some great deals and looks like you had fun, too!

Wendy said...

I love those tins!