Google Translator

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Visiting Saskatchewan and Words of Wisdom Wednesday

The value of consistent prayer is not that He will hear us, but that we will hear Him. ~William McGill
How often in our relationships with people do we do all of the talking, seldom stopping to listen to what the other person has to say. Listening is a fine art. Often I spend time worshipping and praising the Lord then I bring all of the needs to Him, but I seldom stop to hear His still small voice speaking to me. The quote that I am using today, has given me cause to stop and think. I realize that I need to spend more time just listening to Him. I know He is interested in my needs and in the needs of the people that we serve in our church and community, but I am going to stop and listen to Him far more often. How about you?

We had to make a quick trip to Saskatchewan, our neighboring province here in Canada, because my husband's grandmother passed away. She was 89 years old, had lived a good life and she left behind a great many people who loved her dearly. I never did have a chance to get to know her, but my husband was very close to her when he was a boy.
This is small town Manitoba, Neepawa is such a sweet little tree lined town on Highway 16, on the was to Saskatchewan. Isn't that a wonderful name, named by the natives, I assume.
The day was cloudy, but nothing could diminish the glow of the Canola fields.
A small village in Saskatchewan had such a pretty little church along the highway, and I just had to get a quick picture of it.
This is our adorable little nephew. My husband's sister and brother-in-law's little one. He is almost two and he is holding onto the tailgate of his dad's pickup. Isn't he a cutie?

We spent most of our time in Prince Albert, a fair sized city, but we didn't take any pictures of it. These next photoss are of Saskatoon. It is built along the South Saskatchewan River and is very picturesque.


A beautiful old hotel, barely showing above the shrubbery.
I knew that Saskatchewan had more than flat land, here is their ski hill. Mt. Blackstrap is a man made mountain, and is located in Blackstrap Provincial Park. In the winter it offers downhill and cross-country skiing, in the off season it has hiking trails.
A gorgeous old church in Saskatoon.

There are a few hills and valleys between Saskatoon and Regina, I got a quick pic of this. My camera took some fairly good pictures, considering that we were roaring along at 110 km/per hour!

Hope you enjoyed our tour of Saskatchewan, be sure to check out what else Susan had to offer over at A Southern Daydreamer! Thank you again Susan for hosting this blog party, I for one enjoy it very much!
Have a great week,

Cindy

8 comments:

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Wow, what great pictures. I think when I was very little I actually went to Saskatchewan with my parents. I don't remember much. But your pictures are just great. Thanks for joining along today.
Blessings,
Debbie

Denise said...

I've never seen Saskatchewan, those are great pictures.

RobinfromCA said...

I love the sentiment at the top of your blog. The little ones in our church sing about listening to the still small voice so that "when you have to make a choice, He will guide you, always." Your pictures are lovely. I've actually never traveled in Canada - which is a shame. It's on my travel bucket list!
Robin

Queen B. said...

Wow..what a great tour !!!!!

Pam said...

I have never been to Saskatchwan, but those pictures are lovely.
I really enjoyed your thoughts about listening. I am very guilty of that as well, but am trying to do better when I pray.

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Cindy, very thoughtful message and one that I needed. Thanks for that and for your kind comments on my post today. Have a good rest of the week!

Cindy said...

Hi Cindy,
Beautiful pics! I've been to Canada several times but not to Saskatchewan. Needs to go on my travel list! Cindy

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Be Still and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10...One of my most favorite verses.

Hi Cindy,
I truly enjoyed this post and my visit. Thank you for coming over to A Petite Cottage and for your lovely comment. Hope you will come and visit again. Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Ana♥