Google Translator

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Autumn Fluffing Continues!

First off, our house is in the process of being painted. Can you guess what color it will be? I will post a photo when it is finished. Meanwhile, tell me what color you think it might end up. I am also going to re-do the flower garden in the front. They are all perennials that are not doing well or looking good at all. Time for a renovation there, as well. I love the idea that I got from French Kissed. In her lovely new kitchen she has a beautiful glass container that she has put her sugar and a lovely teacup in. When I saw it I had an "Ahah" moment. I have a container similar to hers that I have now put sugar and a "fall" colored teacup into. Thanks French Kissed for the idea that I stole from you. I know you won't mind. Her kitchen is so nice, you really ought to go take a look. Actually, I have already changed this little corner. I put a white ironstone gravy bowl with it's little plate there in place of the coffee beans. The white just looks better and brightens up that corner.




My old suitcases hold my accordion, (bottom one), the next two hold our Cd's.

I love my old Canadiana dresser. It is very old, not sure how old, though. I was eleven years old when some kind soul gave it to my family, after our house burnt down. It was painted a dark brown. Years later my mother gave it to me, after I made her promise to give it to me, when she wanted to get rid of it. I have always loved antiques, even when I was a little girl. I refinished it and love it so much.


Lastly, my bathroom. I also got the idea, for putting these little containers on a white dish, from French Kissed. I found several great ideas on her lovely blog, actually. An unexpected element here, that little white shabby carpenter's pencil. I almost retook the picture, then changed my mind. Teehee!!!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I may not be around next week. My husband and I are going to be gone until next Friday. He is going to be doing some teaching on "Spiritual Maturity", in a community about four and a half hours from us. The people we are staying with may not have wireless internet.
Hugs, Cindy

4 comments:

Millie said...

Okay Cindy., my guess is a taupe/tan...I know I could have driven down your street and tried to cheat! (but I didn't). Have a nice trip this week.

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,

So nice to see pictures of your house!
I think we all love peeping in to someone's home!

Yes very good ideas from French Kissed! You did a very well!

The colour of your house??
That is difficult to guess!

Maybe a lighter colour as grey-white???

Greet

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

thanks ...

French-Kissed said...

Thanks so much Cindy for mentioning French Kissed. I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying following my blog. I am so excited to see the new color of your house and to follow your upcoming kitchen remodel. Aside from these big changes, all of the little touches along the way make a big difference too in helping us to enjoy the finer things in life. You inspire me ~ I inspire you ~ that is what I love about this whole blogging experience. I did not guess a color, but I will be back for the reveal and I just know it will be wonderful.

~Jermaine~