Google Translator

Friday, September 18, 2009

Autumn Fluffing!

I gave in to all of the lovely Autumn images I have been seeing on some really great blogs. And I decided to do some Autumn fluffing!

Here is one little corner, do you see the wine glass there with the autumn leaves? My husbands grandma Helen painted that by hand for my sister-in-law's wedding table. She married in October. What a great idea, don't you think?


I found some little pumpkin candles hidden away on a shelf, I think they are so cute. My birds fit right in there, too, sitting on some yellow leaves.



I love silver trays, I found this one at our Rummage Sale. I found the silver butter dish while living in British Columbia. I use it. The bread tin is definitely old. It was my mom's back in the '50's I a guessing. I have thought of painting it white and writing Bread on it, but I hate to lose the vintage patina. What do you think?


I love the ceramic gourd there sitting on a Taste of Home Recipe Book, featuring pumpkin soup on the front of it. Perfect for Fall, don't you think?



I added some black to the fireplace scape and some red candles.



I love this table cloth! I only paid $1.00 for it at a Thrift Store not far from us here. I am not sure what the fabric is called, but I am sure it is Vintage. Any ideas what they call that particular fabric?



Looking from the Dining Room back into the Living Room, on into the Sun Room.


I hope you are enjoying a gorgeous Friday, I certainly am. The weather is still sunny and is expected to go upwards to 26 deg. Celsius.


Hugs, Cindy





4 comments:

Bev @ The 3 Clutters said...

Very nice...I am not a good fluffer...I am improving, but stil not very good. We have been running around like mad so I haven't had a chance to do much of anything of late.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Feels like fall! Do not paint your mom's bread tin, you would regret it ...I feel sure. I love the fall things with the silver, great job. P.S. I left you a note on my blog...

Chrissy said...

Looking good!!! I love fall,I just feel so alive this time of year! Thanks for your note,you are too kind,glad you like it though,talk soon,Chrissy

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
I agree with what Room Service~Decorating 101 said. Don't paint your mom's bread tin, I think you'll regret it too. And is your tablecloth fabric barckbloth? I can't tell very well by the picture, but I think it was a popular fabirc in the 50's? Anyways, everything looks great! Love those cute little red birds. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
♥Ana