Google Translator

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Before and (Almost) After of My House

This is the before photo after the window boxes had been removed, blue with brown trim and light grey window boxes. You can see also that my house was already being readied for painting. There was much scraping to be done, the paint was in very poor condition. The front door is really nice wood, so it won't be painted, I would like to refinish it, though, just to preserve it. This house was built in 1927, the siding is original to the house and is cedar. It is in very good condition, the Painter told us.


The AFTER, it only has one coat of pain on it. It is a Flood paint and the name of it is Yosemite Park. I would describe it as being a muted creamy green. This does not show the color well, but I LOVE it!

Yellow was my first choice for the house, but our painter told us that yellow was not going to cover well and would cost a whole lot more, because of the time involved to give it more coats. This had been my second choice all along, so I was not unhappy to go to green.

I think it gives my house a much more cottage look, what do you think? The window boxes are going to be the color of the darker green on the bottom of the house.






I will post more photos when it is completely finished.
On another note, I was invited to tea at Millie's house from Wreathmaker, she found my blog through another blog that I had commented on. She is so nice and so sweet, she has a beautiful house, too. She mainly blogs about her lovely garden, but I am hoping she will show her gorgeous kitchen one day, it is so nice. She served a delicious Peach Coffee Cake. She gave me a Fall Potpourri that she had made herself, before I left and it is on my dining room table now in a pretty white bowl, a lovely addition to my Fall decor.
Have a beautiful Wednesday!
Hugs, Cindy

15 comments:

Millie said...

Cindy, we must have been posting at the same time!
I love the colour of the house..so fresh.
The S&P's are now in the china cabinet, awaiting a fall dinner setting. Thanks again!

Bev @ The 3 Clutters said...

That looks ocmpletly different. I love the new color.

Mildred said...

Hi Cindy, I am visiting from Millie's. I love the new colors of your home - so much more in keeping with the style/age of the home and just beautiful. It must have been very nice to meet and have tea with Millie. Hope you are having a great day.

Greet said...

Cindy,
You did so well by given your house that colour! I was very surprised seeing it! I mean it!!

Goodnight,
Greet

Life is good! said...

i really like the look of your house. i think you chose a great color of paint!

Janean said...

Much better color choice! I agree that it is more of a "cottage" color. Like you, we like cottages.

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Cindy, I just wanted to stop by, say hello, and say thank you, thank you, thank you for all the times you visit and leave sweet comments. I appreciate it sooooo much!

Your house looks so cute with its new paint job. I love green so naturally I absolutely love the new color. Very pretty!!! Once, when I was thinking about painting the outside of my house yellow, my neighbor, a painter, said yellow wasn't a good color to use outside. I thought maybe he just didn't like yellow so he was trying to talk me out of it so he wouldn't have to look at it every day! haha.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful choice Aunt Cindy, your home looks fantastic! I love seeing your pictures and checking up on your blog. Almost makes it feel like you're not that far away!
Love you so much!
xoxo
Kristin
(Hugs to Uncle Ray as well!!)

Pen Pen said...

Hey Cindy... I found you through Wreathmaker's blog. How cool that you guys met yesterday. I LOVE your house... love the new color. It truly has a sweet cottage feel.

Anonymous said...

So glad you GOING GREEN....seems so env. friendly...haha. I love it Mom! Good choice.

You oldest daughter ;o)

Mary said...

Hi Cindy...love your cottage painted green! I'm a tea girl, so will have to find Millie's blog...so nice that you could actually visit her for tea...I would love to have my blogging friends over for tea, but so far, haven't found any close by.Looking forward to seeing more of your blog.

God bless,
Mary

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
Yay! Your house is looking beautiful. And now we both have green little cottages! I love it. Can't wait to see more pics. Cindy, I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for your very much needed and appreciated prayers. Please drop by again and see what I did. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
♥Ana

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

It is perfect! I would have liked it yellow too, but this is the best. So much more cozy... I love 20's houses.

Chrissy said...

Your house looks warm and inviting...the color is lovely!! Thanks for always coming by and leaving me such nice notes,means alot!! Have to work all weekend,big redemption thing on at Shoppers,you get more free cosmetics with your points this weekend,oh well at least my commision will be good!!! Talk soon,Chrissy

Phyllis@AROUND THE HOUSE said...

The house color is wonderful, it looks so rich and inviting, the only bad thing is that it makes me more aware mine needs paint. The picture of the little boy is so adorable. Love your blog, so many things to see...,thanks for sharing Phyllis