Google Translator

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

I had no idea what to blog about today, so I looked through my photos and decided to show you some of my favorite things, from family to blog land.

First of all, my favorite chair to sit and think in, blog in and just be in. I am trying to find a slipcover for it, but all of the slipcovers I have found are for chairs with a T-cushion and mine has the other kind. I don't know how I would make it work. I will keep searching the Internet. If you know what I mean and know where I might get it, please let me know.



This is my favorite photo of a lovely bedroom, it would be my dream come true, all pink and white, ahhh and so comfy looking. I would never do that to my husband, though. I am very girly, always have been. But wait, I have a photo of my five year old grand daughter coming up, she is so much like me! I love it.


This is one of my favorite granddaughters, I have two, they are both precious beyond words. This one is Beth, she is very girly. She loves pretty dresses, baby dolls, high heel shoes, dancing and dates with her daddy. That is where she is off to here. This photo was taken last winter, don't you love her fake fur stole?


My favorite red door! This house is just two blocks away, I think the door is so pretty, just on it's own.


This is one of my favorite houses in my neighborhood. It was for sale when we were looking for houses here last fall. It has a beautiful new kitchen and a really nice yard, two things I was looking for. Also, it is Yellow. We found it on the MLS Website, but, alas, it sold just before we arrived in the city to begin house hunting. It wasn't until we had moved into the house that we bought and I was walking around my neighborhood, that I realized it is only a couple of blocks away.

Another favorite of mine. Every time I walk by it I slow down and enjoy all of the flowers and it is also Yellow.


You have probably guessed by now what color I wanted to painted my house. But, we have had a very bad time finding someone to paint it, we had someone and it fell through. The company that is actually painting it has painted the front, one coat. They had said it would be almost done by now, what happened there, I don't know, we were gone all last week. The sad thing is that the last three weeks have been perfect for painting and the rain is expected this week. I am praying, believe me, no rain Lord, please!!! I will post a photo of the new color, soon. It has changed the looks of this little old bungalow entirely. I know I am going to love it!


Thank you for visiting today, you girls make my day every time I go to see who has left a sweet comment. I love you, you have become wonderful blogger friends!


Have a happy Monday!


Cindy

8 comments:

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,
You are back! How was the work of your husband last week? Was everything ok?

Cindy, your granddaughter Beth is a doll! SO PRETTY! Yes I can see that she is very girly!
Give her a hug from me!

That yellow colour of the house you showed is wonderful! And I hope for you that is will not rain this week!

Hug,
Greet

Millie said...

Nice pictures today! i hope your house gets painted soon...

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
When we first decided to paint our little cottage we were torn between two colors... yellow or green. Very cottagey colors don't you think? We opted for green. I can't wait to see how yours turns out. Beautiful pictures. And how adorable does your granddaughter look all dressed up. Too cute. Have a wonderful Monday!

Blessings and hugs,
♥Ana

Bev @ The 3 Clutters said...

You need a red door just like your favorite one!

Pauline said...

Thank you, Cindy, for visiting my blog. I have had a really good look at your blog and love it. your home is lovely, and so is your daughters.

Your grand daughter is a delight :o) Thanks for sharing.
God's blessings on you all.
Hugs

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

your granddaughter is a living doll. I too love that bedroom of lauren ross's, have you seen the post I did on her? So many pretty rooms and joni has had a wonderful post on her too...a not to miss one!

Nancy said...

Hi Miss Cindy, I love all your favs....and that little grandaughter is just precious!!! Love the yellow houses and can't wait to see yours! I'll be praying no rain for ya!

Hope you have a wonderful week! Nancy

niartist said...

Hi Cindy! Loved these pictures, and love yellow houses, so I hope that you can get it painted without the interference of rain. We've had a heck of a lot of it in WNY! Found your blog via wreathmaker, so I thought I'd stop by and take a peak. Great blog, thanks for sharing!