Google Translator

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday & Words of Wisdom

Welcome to another Outdoor Wednesday that The Southern Daydreamer is hosting. Thank you so much for doing this, Susan.

Today we are going to go kayaking at Semiahmoo, in the state of Washington, in the good ole' US of A. Semiahmoo is a spit of land that extends out into the Drayton Harbor, near Blaine, Washington. It is a peaceful place where sea lions congregate and boaters enjoy endless hours on the water.


My daughter and son-in-law and their children, 2 and 5 years old own the kayak.

They, with my sister Susan and her daughter, Kristen, are going out in the harbor in a to see the sea lions. If you click on the picture you will see them a little better.


Kristen, my niece, with Bethy. Nate is in the background.



My son-in-law has been kayaking for many years and the babies have grown used to it, with going out on the water in it several times a year. They enjoy some great family time here.


Nate saw a dead jelly fish and touched it.


It isn't too dangerous so long as you stay on dry land. Tee hee! Susan with my two grands.


Sue with Bethy. Hope you enjoyed the trip! Special thanks to my sweet daughter Carolyn for sending the pictures to me via email.


I am back with Words of Wisdom today. It is a quote that my new blog friend Greet from Belgian Pearls left with her comment on Monday.

"The spirit gets rich through what he receives; the heart gets rich through what it gives." ~Victor Hugo

That is so true. We all work so hard to get, get, get, that it is good at some point to just give back, with no thought of what it costs us in time and energy and knowing we will receive nothing in return. I am always pleasantly surprised at how rewarding that is.

Enjoy a beautiful Wednesday and I hope you can spend some time outdoors today.

Hugs, Cindy

10 comments:

Riet said...

What lovely pictures of your family. Have a nice day

Beverly said...

That looks fun! Around here the big thing is white water rafting. I myself have never been but it does look fun.

Greet said...

Dear Cindy,

Beautiful pictures ! Your family must have had so much fun!
And THANK YOU for mentionning me on your post!
Yes, the saying is true! We have to read it from time to time to realise that we not have to think as much at ourselfs but to other people whom we can make happy!
I'm sure you and your husband are people with a great heart!

xx
Greet

stefanie said...

its so beautiful there!
have a wonderful day

Heidi said...

Hi Cindy,
Thank you for sharing those wonderful words of wisdom, which I've found to be true over and over in my life.
Also, looks like you had such a great time with your family. How lucky you could all spend the time together!
Have a lovely day!
Heidi-Heart and Home

Mary said...

It looks like they had a marvelous time together as a family. Your photos are terrific. I hope you are enjoying the last few days of summer.

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a beautiful place! I love OW and getting to see pics from all over the country, sometimes the world!

Love the drydock boating. :-)

Cass

Bonnie said...

I had never seen a jellyfish before. What a fun post.

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

What a fun adventure!

I dunno - even DEAD jelly fish scare me.

Nice post.

If you have a moment I would love you to stop by!

TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Hey, I sent you a e-mail , but it came back to me. Send me one...vickydar@charter.net Thanks