Google Translator

Friday, September 4, 2009

What a Busy Week!

I have been looking after my two oldest grandchildren this week. My son, who owns his own Masonry business has been working long hours and his wife who is a secretary at a High School went back to work this week. So I have had the pleasure of looking after the my grands. We have filled our week with fun, though, I think. After the grands left yesterday, my husband and I drove to Roseau River, which is a Native Reserve ninety minutes south of the city. I played the keyboard and sang and we had a wonderful time of praise and worship.

We got back very late and the only thing I want to do today is crawl back in here and sleep....

But, unfortunately, life goes on. I can tell I have not spent enough time here, though, because my body is complaining of not enough rest!


One of the things the grands and I did this week was go to the Forks here in Winnipeg and we walked along the river walk, which takes you past the Legislative Buildings. We decided to take a walk around the Lieutenant Governor's mansion. He is Great Britain's representative to our government in Manitoba. Canada is a Commonwealth Country, after all. This is his mansion. Jonathan was enthralled with the fact that this car has, instead of a Manitoba license plate, a plate with a crown on it, on the front and on the back!




The Forks is where the Assinaboine River and the Red River meet. There are many gift shops, several museums, a skate board park, restaurants and where water taxis and sight seeing tours leave from. This is also where trails wind along side the river and lead past the Legislative Buildings.



There were lots of ducks floating along in the river.


Jonathan, pretending to be hugging a bear in the museum.


This is the walk that leads up to the Legislative buildings, unfortunately, I did not load a picture of those buildings, they are so beautiful.



Naomi and I walking along the trail, it is such a pretty walk. I could spend all day there, just soaking in the peace and beauty.




I also baked about thirty dozen cookies this week for the Rummage Sale that continues this weekend, I showed you a picture of that earlier this week.




I made oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, and peanut butter cookies. Today I will finish off with making date squares.
Along with what I have shown you, we have also picnicked at the park, gone bicycle riding and skip roping. It makes me wish my kids were still small and at home. Oh, my, where have the years gone. It is nice though, to be a "youngish" grama and have the energy to keep up with young'uns, most of the time.


Have a great weekend!


Hugs, Cindy

4 comments:

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Wow Cindy, you did have a busy week, but it sounds like you and your grandkids had a great time. What beautiful places there are to visit over in Canada. I've never been...maybe one day:-) Have a wonderful weekend, and save me one of those delicous looking choclolate chip cookies! Yum, my favorite.

Smiles and hugs,
♥Ana

Beverly said...

I am tired just reading all you have been doing.

Greet said...

Cindy,
First of all I have to say that you live in a gorgeous place! That mansion there is a beautiful building!!!
And second I think your grandchildren adore you!!Who wouldn't? You make time for those children!
This is so sweet of you!

Big hug and a good weekend to all of your family!
Greet

pk said...

What a sweet picture of you and Naomi, and the cookies look YUMMY! I love the photo of the governors mansion - great architecture.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the great look. I had Danielle at The Design Girl design it for me. I think she did an awesome job and I love it!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...