Google Translator

Saturday, October 17, 2009

An Award!

Thank you, Greet of the gorgeous blog Belgian Pearls, for awarding me with the Kreativ Blogger Award! I have never received an award and never expected to, so I am slightly overwhelmed with this. One of things I must do is tell you seven things that you might not know about me.

I have already blogged about the most important people in my life, so you know that my children and grands are the most important thing next to Jesus Christ, who is first and foremost and then my sweet husband Ray.


These two above bring sunshine to my life each day, when I look after them after school.




And I have already told you about my sweet daughter and her family, and that I love feathering my nest...so I must think of seven other things.


Okay, here we go:


1) I was born to a minister and his wife who were living in an Indian Village in the state of Washington right on the ocean. I was born at home, the doctor came to our house to deliver me.


2) Thus my great delight in large bodies of water, particularly the Ocean, we then lived close to the Ocean for the next nine years while my dad pastored a church on the Reserve.


3) I have two sisters and three brothers. We are all very close, my two sisters are my very best friends. I am the next to oldest.


4) I am a loyal friend and I love very deeply, but I do not make friends easily. In fact I have very few close friends.




5) My husband and I were each married before we married each other. He had two girls, I had a boy and a girl. So, now I am blessed to have three wonderful daughters and a daughter-in-law who are my next to best friends. I have an amazing relationship with each of my girls and I thank the Lord for them every day.




6) I knew when I was just a little girl that I would marry a minister one day.




7) During our first six years of marriage my husband and I lost all four of our parents and our oldest daughter had cancer. Thank God the last thirteen years have been much better!!

I am supposed to nominate other bloggers, but I want to give it to all of my favorites, so I will just say, the ones on my sidebar are the greatest and definitely the most creative. And by the way, I have noticed that many of them don't accept awards. So I am just going to pass it on to the one lady that I have met and who lives only a thirty minute walk from me! Millie of Wreathmaker. Please go check out her blog, it is so pretty

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and don't forget the One who blessed you with the day!
Hugs, Cindy S.

7 comments:

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
Congratulations on your first award! I enjoyed learning about your past; it was good of you to share this. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but you have shown it is how you handle these bumps in the road that is important. I’m off to meet Mille the wreathmaker, I always appreciate a dose of inspiration and the opportunity to meet a new friend. All my best this lovely autumn Sunday.
Cathy

Pauline said...

Congratulations on your award. Have a happy Lord's Day!! :o)
Hugs and blessings

French-Kissed said...

Congratulations Cindy on your award! I just received one from Trish at Trouvais and was going to nominate you, but now Greet has beat me to it. The award is well deserved by you and thanks for sharing the 7 things about you and letting us all get to know you a little better. Hope you have a great week.

~Jermaine~

Beverly said...

Congrats on the award! How exciting.
I have to say I am surprised that you say you don't make friends easily. You just seem so nice, sweet and warm!

Greet said...

Dear, dear Cindy,
I am so pleased to read all this! I had an outlet weekend in our shop this weekend and i was so busy!!!! So I just came in and rushed to my computer to blog!!!!
Thank you for sharing this!
Hugs and kisses,
Greet

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
Congratulations of your award. It was very nice getting to know a little bit more about you. Have a wonderful Monday. Blessings to you and yours.

Hugs,
♥Ana

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Cindy, thanks for taking the time to leave me such a sweet note! Ahhh, the good ole GI days. They are still around, but it's not quite the same as it used to be. I can't believe we all go back that far. So glad you are reading!

Have fun with blogging!