Google Translator

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Monday

Monday, October 26, 2009 is really the date. Don't pay any mind to the date stamped there, I can't change it without starting over.
I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday. Monday's around here tend to be busy, we do everything that we did not get done on Saturday.




We went away for two and a half days to a Love and Respect Conference that was happening in Alexandria, Minnesota. It only lasted Friday night and Saturday until 1:30. It was wonderful! So much learned and still so much to learn. The main idea of their teaching comes from Ephesians 5:33 where it says "...let each man of you (without exception) love his wife as {being in a sense} his very own self; and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband..." Studies show that women desire to be Loved and men most desired to be Respected. Emerson and Sarah Eggerichs teach women how they can communicate their respect to their husbands in a way that he understands it. And they also teach men how to communicate love to their wives. Stay tuned, because I am going to share with you what was learned on a questionnaire that was entitled "As Your Husband I Feel Respected When..." I will tell you what men said. It is so good!


Thank you for all of your "Get Well" wishes, I appreciate them so much.


Please tell me what you respect most about your husband. I would have to say that I respect my husbands impeccable character. He is one of the most completely honest and truly good people I have ever met.


I am so grateful that I have met all of you and we share so many of the same interests, that's why we read the particular blogs that we read and comment on, right? So, again I want to say THANK YOU, I wish I could see each one of you face to face and give you a hug, but I can't, so suffice to say, Thanks, girlfriends, you mean a lot to me!




Love and Hugs,


Cindy S.

6 comments:

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
My husband and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary soon so this was a timely post. I believe it is important to be kind, patient and accept each other. All marriages have their ups and downs, but if you communicate effectively, share thoughts and ideas in a positive manner it fosters a spirit of good will and team work. We have the same fundamental morals and values, cherish family and friends and appreciate a loving and peaceful home. We also practice helping those that have not been as fortunate as ourselves by our acts and deeds.
I hope you are feeling better and recovered from the flu. I like the direction you are going with your kitchen remodel. I have a specialization in kitchen and bath design, and recently completed a white kitchen for a vintage craftsman home. I hope you continue to post about it so we can share the transformation. I always help my clients set up a temporary kitchen to ease the disruption a remodel brings.
Enjoy, Cathy

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
I am very sad to say that we missed this conference when they where here. My sister and brother-in-law have attended before and volunteered this time around. They had nothing but good things to say about it. Hopefully next time. Anyway, I would like to share with you what I most respect about my wonderful husband. I respect his honor, respect for others and love for his family. He is a man of integrity. I have been truly blessed with such a wonderful husband.

Can't wait to hear more about what you learned at the conference. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
♥Ana

Millie said...

The conference sounds wonderful...and how nice that you could get away for a few days.
Millie

sarah said...

I'm still learning a lot after 15 years, I find it hard that I'm learning that if you see what I mean...

most recently I've understood that you have to put in to keep it good - little things like date nights and being nice - we are both making big effort with that, and makes it great

thanks for popping by my blog, oh and on your comment - you see the good bits, not the bits when 3 kids have been around for a coupla hours lol!

sarah
xo

French-Kissed said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you enjoyed the conference.

~Jermaine~

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, lady I miss you and checking out this blog once again shows me your talent. Glad you and Ray got to the retreat. As you know your bro. My hubby is a man of prayer for the past 29 yrs. I have not known of a morning he didn't get up and pray. That is the thing I love about him most and that he is my rock and best friend. Quiet and kind, understanding always solid. We are blessed to have him in our lives. love you lady. Rhonda.