Google Translator

Friday, October 9, 2009

Just Say Noooo...to Winter!

My grand kids were out of school today, so I kept them for the whole day. Not long after they arrived, Jon wanted to know if we could take a walk up to the park. At about 9:30 I was hoping the sun would have had time to warm things up a bit. Seeing as how it had gone to minus 6 deg. Celsius overnight!So Naomi and I walked...



While Jonathan rode his bike.





I always take the long way so we can walk along the river...




then we stop at the park on the way back. (Oh, oh, I forgot to insert a picture of the park.)



We met a kitty cat, who decided to follow us home, not so good, because he almost disappeared inside my house. One of the kids caught him just in time!




My house was looking so pretty, despite the fact that it only has ONE coat of new paint all around and the painters won't be back for the second coat until it gets considerably warmer.



You can see my new Autumn wreath...so nice for AUTUMN.



The kids lounged and watched a video while Grandpa stayed home with them and I left for a couple of hours to visit a new friend here in the city, only a ten minute drive from me. Her name is Wendy and she has a lovely home where she and her husband have three children of their own and four sweet little foster children. I am so impressed by her, she dearly loves the children and gives them her all. She is such a wonderful mother!




Back home again, though (the color in this photo is so washed out), I built a candle fire in the fireplace because...




Winter is showing it's ugly...I mean, sweet little white face!





I am not very happy about this! It is only October the 9Th! Oh well, we can't fight the elements, we must learn to live with them instead.


All in all we had a lovely day, the grandloves and I made some good memories, I enjoyed a new friendship and fresh snow is on the ground.


I wish you all a wonderful weekend...with NO snow, wherever you may be.


Hugs, Cindy

11 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I can not imagine that kind of weather in Oct. We might get a day or two in Feb. like that, maybe...you need to move to the south gf... I can't wait to see what you sent me. Remind me again what I am suppose to do to pay it forward. I am getting old you know.

Greet said...

Cindy,
I know you don't want to have snow but it looks so beautiful!
And your house looks indeed wonderful!
I have a lot of respect for your new friend who has next to her own children , foster children!
She must be a wonderful woman!
May God bless her and her family!

Greet

Millie said...

Hi Cindy!
How nice your house looks!
SOme weather we are having!...and I had hoped there would still be flowers for decorating the church for Thanksgiving...now will have to go to Costco for flowers I think. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
I know this might sound crazy to you, but I wish it would snow here. I know it's different when you actually live through those very cold winters, but I have only experience snowfall once and I loved it. Sounds like you and your grandloves...(love this word!) had a great time. Have a wonderful weekend. Sending tons of love your way.

Hugs,
♥Ana

Carolyn said...

Hi Cindy,
It looks like you had a nice day in spite of the cold and snow.
My son is out west(Saskatoon) playing soccer in the nationals and they had to cancel a game and then play the rest indoors because of all the snow!
Thank you for your sweet comment and I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving too.
Take care,
Carolyn

Beverly said...

I love snow (a little anyway)...but burrrr. October snow...I don't think I would want to line in Canada! I could maybe have a summer home there and a winter home in Florida, USA.

It was about 60 degrees Fahrenheit here today in WV and sunny.

The Stylish House said...

Hi Cindy,
What a sweet and lovely post! I enjoyed spending time with you and your lovely grandchildren. Your new friend sounds like a rare and special soul. I love the soft sage green color of your pretty home against the crisp white trim. The new autumn wreath is the perfect welcome. Wishing you well on this beautiful Sunday.
Cathy

Ticking and Toile said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for the walk through your neighborhood. It's looks so pretty-esp. by the river. But wow snow already....my kids would be thrilled but me...not so much...btw, thanks for the very kind comment on my blog!

Shellagh

Pauline said...

Oh, Cindy...snow so soon?! Sorry to hear that. It is lovely and sunny here, right now...it wont last but we are enjoying it. Your house looks lovely. The kitty following you home was funny though :o)
Hugs

Sarah { abeachcottage } said...

a lovely walk and snow already, sigh I miss snow sooooo much, it makes it all look so pretty outside your lovely house!

sarah

Chrissy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Cindy!!! Your photos are great,what crazy weather your having!! So glad you came by,thanks as always for your sweet note,all the best,Chrissy