Google Translator

Friday, October 2, 2009

Lake Winnipegosis

Last week my husband and I spent five days in Camperville.  It is north-east of us.  We follow Hwy. 16 part of the way to Camperville and this is the only place in Manitoba that we have seen hilly terrain.  I love the trip because of the hills and the lakes in that area.

DSC_0076

 

My husband and I love images of old churches.   Everywhere we go we look for them and photograph them when possible. 

 

This one is in Dauphin.DSC_0068

The one below is near Camperville.  A very old Catholic Church, made from local rock.

DSC_0028    

This is Lake Winnipegosis, a very large lake that the highway follows for many miles.  This beach is at Duck Bay.  The lake is so huge and the waves were so large that it felt like I was at the ocean.  Yes, that is me, just LOVING it!

 DSC_0018DSC_0025DSC_0022

Thank you for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed the photos.  I am using a new program today, so I am hoping that this comes out right.

I hope your Thursday is going well!

Hugs, Cindy

 

5 comments:

Millie said...

I see you did well with the new program!
Lovely pics of the lake...I haven't been to Winnipegosis since I was a teenager.... need to visit it again.

Phyllis@AROUND THE HOUSE said...

Love the pictures of the lake, so inviting, wish I were there for a long visit....Phyllis

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my posts! It is always nice hearing from you!
Yes the pictures are beautiful! That is something we have in common you and me,I also love churches and when ever it is possible to go inside a church, me and my husband go in! I love the serenity of the churches!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Greet

the.neo.lifestyle said...

hello,

thanks for the nice comment on my pics :-)

But i just looked at your blog and there also so wonderfull pictures.

Thanks for sharing

D.

Trouvais said...

Hi Cindy. Thanks for the visit...you look far too young to be a grandmother! Visiting a lake sounds wonderful...maybe next summer. Trish