Google Translator

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A New Clock and A Finished Project

I bought this clock at Winners last week for $27.00. I just love it, it is quite large and a nice dark reddish-brown color. But alas, I cannot get it to work. Do you see you see the little leaf pillow peeking out from the lower right hand corner? I made that out of an old vest with a Whistler's tag on it. Whistler, BC is where the 2010 Olympic skiing and board sports will take place near Vancouver.

Isn't the clock pretty and so perfect for the space.


As for a finished project, I got this chair at a Garage Sale for $2.00 about six months ago.


It is now finished and is sitting pretty in our Master Bedroom.

I made a slip cover for it, because I realized that reupholstering it would be a bigger task than I was ready to take on. I don't like the way the lace curtain looks in this photo. I didn't mind it in real life, but photos always show things up, don't they?! We have neighbors across the street who sit on their front steps for hours at a time and that gave me some privacy with the drapes open. I shall have to think about what to do. Do you have any suggestions?
I hope you are enjoying a beautiful Monday,
Hugs, Cindy



9 comments:

Life is good! said...

i love the chair and the clock. i kinda want to do a clock wall in my kitchen and have all different sizes of clocks. i am impressed by the vision you had for that chair! it is just darling!

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
I love how your $2 chair came out. I looks beautiful in your master bedroom. And I think your lace curtain looks fine. Oh! And you're right that clock looks perfect there. Thanks so much for sharing and thank you also for your sweet comment. Have a wonderful Monday.

Hugs,
♥Ana

Beverly said...

Very nice clock. I love the 2.00 chair. It sure doesn't look like a 2.00 chair now!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Love the chair!!! I wish I could sew... As for the curtain, if you would just raise it to the height of the other one it would look so much better. Thanks for visiting.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Forgot the clock...5* perfect!

Pen Pen said...

Love the chair re-do... the clock is beautiful! I love lace curtains too... don't know what to do about the neighbors. :o)

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,

The clock you bought is very good looking in that place!
And really a great idea from you to make the slipcover for that chair, it is not only practical, but it looks so romantic!
For your lace curtain, maybe you can hang a blind instead of the lace in the same fabric of the long curtains and you add just a boarder of lace at the bottom of the blinds. I hope you understand my explanation!!

Greet

Morning T said...

Love your new clock and you did a great job with your chair slipcover- and for only $2?! Wowee!!!

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

I think the chair is charming, and you are right the reupolstering is a huge undertaking, I have done it when my hands were stronger,but it is hard. I wouldn't be in a hurry, enjoy the 2.00 investment...Thanks for sharing....I'll be back..