Google Translator

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday


If you haven't got all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have, that you don't want. ~unknown
I found this quote over at Restyled Home, another Canadian blogger. Take a look at her blog it's very well done.
I am very grateful for the things that I don't want and do not have.
I have been baking! I am so thankful that I can bake bread. I enjoy the whole process so much. I made four loaves of bread and four dozen buns.
My husband and I went to Home Depot today and purchased a new Range with a Convection Oven to go into my new kitchen, I will get it some time in January when everything is installed. I cannot wait for it! I am so thankful that I will be able to bake so much at one time and everything coming out evenly cooked. Do you have a convection oven? Do you like it, if so why? If not, why? We got a very good deal on the range and an over the range Microwave Oven. Thankfully, we have gotten some great deals purchasing our new appliances. I am also very thankful that I have a husband who understands how important an efficient and beautiful kitchen is to me.
I hope you have found several reasons to be thankful today,
Cindy

8 comments:

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

I used to have a convection oven and I loved it. My now ex-mother-in-law gave it to me because she bought it for her new kitchen and then didn't like it because she felt like it browned everything too much. I loved it! I made the best cookies ever in that oven!!!

Regarding your comment. It doesn't feel like Fall here yet. Usually around November it starts to set in. We had a really windy and rainy day on Monday and we usually don't get that type of weather until the winter! Today 78 degrees but since you're in Canada that number probably doesn't mean anything. haha..It's warm but not hot!

Beverly said...

I can practically smell that bread....ummmmmmm

You are going to LOVE the convection oven. I worked at a restaurant once that had one. LOVED IT.

Carolyn said...

Those rolls look so good! I love my convection oven,sure you will too.

Carolyn

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
Yummy, sniff, sniff...your bread smells delicious. Anyway, I love this post. Makes you stop and think. You know, I decided a while back not to want what I can't have, but to want what I already own. So many times one wants something badly and once it is acquired it is set aside for the next new thing. I'm truly thankful for all I have and for not having the things I don't want. :-) Oh and I am also truly and sicerely thankful for your friendship. I have been blessed to have met many wonderfully kind and sweet people since I began to blog and I am very happy to say that you are one of those people. Thank you. Have a wonderful day....Oh! I can't wait to see your new kitchen.

Blessings and hugs,
♥Ana

Millie said...

The rolls look delicious! The convection oven is good..you will like it.

Greet said...

Cindy,
It will be fantastic to bake bread and cakes in your convection oven!

Have a nice weekend,
Greet

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lovely Blog.
Happy to have found you!

Pauline said...

Hello Cindy, yummy looking rolls. I have only a portable convection oven and I have not used my main oven since I bought it. Have a great weekend. God bless you.
Hugs