Google Translator

Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

Soon!
Our youngest granddaughter was only a year old when I excitedly said "Bethy, Christmas is coming!" Her little eyes brightened up and she said "Christmas is coming?" in a voice as excited as mine. For the rest of the day she kept repeating that little phrase.
I am listening to David Klinkenberg's CD "The Carol of Emmanuel". I love Violin music. What are you listening to?

For me this whole season is one full of joy and excitement.

This card is from the 1940's, I found it amongst my mom's things after she passed away. I try to use it, along with two other vintage cards, in my decorating every Christmas. This year it is on my mantle.

My wish for you today, is that you will find much joy as Christmas draws closer.

With love to you all,

Cindy

8 comments:

Millie said...

It's all looking good! How nice to keep the vintage card for this special season.
It was good to see you again..

Carolyn said...

I love the Christmas season too!Love the little vintage card that was your Mom's-pretty on your mantle. Snow for you but rain for us today.
Enya's And Winter Came is still playing here.
Take care,
Carolyn

Greet said...

Oh Cindy, this is so wonderful that you are decorating yet for Christmas! I do hope to find the time this weekend to start my Chtistmas decoration!

xx
Greet

The Stylish House said...

Hi Cindy,
I love you found your mom's card, and use it this time of year! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family and friends. My husband, daughter and I went to a lovely Inn for the meal, so no clean up for me! Take care. I'm off to check out your kitchen update.
Cathy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a sweet post, Cindy, and I hope I am listening to the soft still voice of the Holy Spirit this Christmas. I hope he opens my spiritual eyes to see those who truly need me this season.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Pauline said...

Dear Cindy, thank you for visiting my blog and I hope that you've managed to get some more work done :o) I'm enjoying your recent post...those lovely christmas images.The card is lovely too and I hope that you will all enjoy it for a very long time :o)
Blessing my dear friend.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy, Love the card. I am always glad to see something of our mothers. My Christmas is coming very soon ~ like this Friday when I hold my very first grandchild, Alexander, for the very first time! I am so excited. And I will be 'listening to' his sweet breathing. Love you, Sue

Nancy W said...

How beautiful and I love the vintage card! Thanks so much for stopping by to see my tree at lovestocreate.com Hugs from Conroe, TX!