Google Translator

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday & Remembrance Day

We were in Saskatchewan over the weekend, it's a ten hour trip from here, due to my husbands dear old grandfather passing away. George Cook was a Veteran and it seems so appropriate to mention him today on Remembrance Day here in Canada. Lest We Forget. George was loved by his small community of Choiceland and by his very large family. He had a great sense of humor and was a kind and considerate gentleman. Loved by all. I only met him a couple of times, but he accepted me like one of his own. He left behind his wife and four sons and one daughter and many grand-children, great grands and one great great grand.

My husband loves taking interesting photos. Thanks to him for these.

An old water tower in a small settlement makes such a lovely show in the morning sun on the Saskatchewan prairie.





A simple farm house.






More photos of the rising sun. So beautiful. We left our Hotel at about 7:30 am, just in time to enjoy Nature's show.



We stayed in Nipawin, a small farm town and ate in the cafe at the hotel. Farmers came meandering in and sat down visiting with everyone in the room, including us. They were so friendly, they all knew we were strangers in town, they watched us go in and out. I felt a little awkward, I'm used to feeling invisible, city people don't pay any mind to those they see in cafes.

I am joining Susan over at A Southern Daydreamer. This is always such a fun party to take part in. Thanks Susan, for hosting it every week.

Hope your Wednesday is grand and please remember the Canadian Veterans. I salute all of the Veterans and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for providing a free world for all of us to live in and enjoy. Thank you also to the soldiers who are even now fighting in Afghanistan. To date Canada has lost 133 soldiers in that conflict. These are brave men and women and I honor them.


Cindy S.

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy, I extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your husband's grandfather. That truly was one of the greatest generations to ever inhabit the earth, filled with valor and good deeds.

Loved your shots of Canada. I really would love to visit each province some day. It's a gorgeous country.

Happy Outdoor Wednesday...

XO,

Sheila

Beverly said...

Your hubby has a good eye for interesting pictures.
I hope you have a great day!

Quilt Works said...

Beautiful sunsets! Thank you for sharing. My sympathy for your loss:-(


Gondola rides .... in Boston!

SmilingSally said...

You and your husband took a sad trip and turned it into something pleasant to share with others. Thank you, Cindy.

eileeninmd said...

My sympathy for you and your husband. Your photos are wonderful, I love the sunrise, so pretty.

Mary said...

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos with us. Have a great Outdoor Wednesday.

Millie said...

My sympahies to you
I really enjoyed seeing the Sask, Pictures, being still a Sask girl at heart.

sarah { abeachcottage } said...

love the sunsets, sorry for the loss, so very sad

mbkatc230 said...

Sorry for your family's loss. It sounds like he had a wonderful life, full of friends and family. Your husband's photos are beautiful. The sunrise pictures are gorgeous. Kathy