Google Translator

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday


City Love
Is it possible to love the sights of a city and feel like you can never get enough of it? That is how I feel about Winnipeg. There is so much old architecture to be seen in the down town area. I am in awe of a city that has grown and thrived on the Prairies in the middle of a huge country that sometimes seems to forget that it even exists.
But we do exist! In fact our Premier recently became Canada's ambassador to Washington, the honorable Gary Doer. He was considered to be a great Premier by many and is believed to be doing a good job in Washington.
This is an old Cathedral. We took these photos just two days ago and as you can see we do not have any snow yet! It has been unseasonably mild. But, we have been told that old man Winter is expected to rear his lovely head this weekend. I, for one, am looking forward to it.
This is a restaurant that sits on a bridge over the Red River. I love eating there and watching the activities on the river.
These ducks were not up to a photo shoot, as soon as we wanted to take a photo they immediately dunked their pretty little heads under the water.

Well that is it for Outdoor Wednesday. Take a look at what Susan has to offer over at A Southern Daydreamer.

Have a beautiful day.

Cindy

15 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

What a beautiful city! I would love to visit there. I love how the bare dark trees frame the entrance to the doors of the church. That is a great capture!

Beverly said...

Thanks for those pictures. It look so nice. I love the snowman picture you have choosen...did you take it?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, what a wonderful place, Cindy! I'm so glad you are introducing us to your city, and I love the architecture.

Shame on those ducks for dunking their heads! LOL! They are so cute.

I know you have celebrated Thanksgiving already, but I couldn't let this day pass without wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. Sending much love your way...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Quilt Works said...

Beutiful cityscapes!


... Cotton balls over the Nuntucket Island ...

mbkatc230 said...

These are beautiful pictures of a wonderful city! I love the shot of the Cathedral, it is just gorgeous. Happy Outdoor Wednesday. Kathy

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Cindy, I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your frequent visits and comments and also wish you and your family a lovely and blessed Thanksgiving! :)

Millie said...

Thanks for posting about our city...sometimes we who live here don't appreciate it enough...you photographed it so well...hope to see you soon.

Jeanne Selep said...

You can be thankful in Canada also, so Happy Thanksgiving!

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
Canada intrests me since I live next door! I want to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
Cathy

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, I lvoe the restauratn on the brdige. What a lovely view of the river.

Greet said...

Cindy,
I said it before I think. The region you live in is so beautiful! Beautiful architecture and beautiful nature!
Oh and the photo you took from the ducks is so cute!

Greet

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

This is a great post-- looks like a great city.

If you have a moment for a laugh -- I would love for you to stop by and say hi!

TTFN ~~Claudia ♥ ♥

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

It does look pretty. Thanks for the sweet note that you left me and I hope you and yours had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Cindy!
What an awesome blog =)
Winnipeg is such a beautiful city and I'm glad that you are enjoying it. The architecture reminds me a lot of Montreal, there's so much history to it. Nice eye with on the photography!

Love you lots!
<3 Krissy

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Thanks for the little tour of the city. Would love to visit in person! And a Happy Thanksgiving to you today! Hope you've had a nice day with family.