Google Translator

Monday, November 23, 2009

Tuesdays Words of Wisdom

Ballard Stockings




View life through the windshield, not the rear view mirror.


Years ago, in another lifetime, almost, I missed so many happy family times because of the jealousies and pettiness of people around me. If I viewed life through the rear view mirror I would have reason to be depressed every day. But, by seeing life through the windshield, I anticipate every curve that life throws my way and I enjoy each blessing that comes my way, too. Our family has had it's share of curves, but the blessings have far outweighed them!

As someone so aptly put it..."I am too blessed to be depressed!".


With Christmas just a matter of a few weeks away I am so grateful for the chance to spend it with my son and his wife and children. This will be my second Christmas with them.

My eight year old grand daughter said to me on Friday, "Grandma, there really is a Santa Clause, isn't there, it's my family!" I readily agreed. I enjoy playing Santa, don't you?


Have a lovely day!


Cindy






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sweet Aunt Cindy
Cute blog today!
I found it encouraging, it's nice to hear a fresh point of view. =) My mom bought a sweet little bib for Alexander that says "Who needs Santa when you have Grandma" (she says "and Auntie" needs to be added in) We certainly are enjoying shopping for our new little baby boy. It definitely helps us to relate to and understand just how special your grandkids are to you.
Love you lots,

Krissy

Greet said...

Cindy,

These words are so true!
Oh yes Santa Clause is such a wonderful person for children and even for grown ups! I love that period of the year!

Greet

E W McCall said...

beautiful sentiment cynthia! there are so many people who get depressed around the holidays! wish i could get them all to "look through the windshield"!!

hope you have a wonderful christmas with those beautiful grandchildren of yours! please tell all the family i said hello!

lois

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a sweet post, Cindy! And I'm so happy that you will be with your dear ones this Christmas.

I agree. It is important to see things through the windshield because it's imperative for us as Christians to press on in the race, toward the goal! :-)

Love to you today and always...

XO,

Sheila :-)