Google Translator

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Be Kinder...

...than necessary. 'Cause every one you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

You may have seen this before, it came to me via email. Supposedly it happened in Northern Saskatchewan, Canada. A catfish was seen with a basketball caught in his mouth. He was worn out from trying to dive unsuccessfully, due to the basketball keeping him buoyant.






This kind hearted fisherman had his wife puncture the basketball while he held on to it.



When I saw this I thought of my shopping experience yesterday. I went shopping with my two oldest grands, seven and eight years of age. We had a blast, laughing and talking as we raced from store to store after having lunch together. Everyone around us was so stressed, screaming at their children, upset with store clerks, I felt bad that I was having such a great time.
But this little saying helps us to understand those around us. Being kind does not cost us a thing, but it may change somebodies whole day.
Be kind and have fun! This is a season of JOY, so be sure to en JOY it!
Merry Christmas, Cindy S.


9 comments:

Greet said...

I love what you have written Cindy!
It is so true!!
Hug,
Greet

Beverly said...

I love CHRISTmas! What I cannot stand anymore is the shopping and the crowds that are less than friendly.
This year we have told all the relatives that we are not buying gifts and to please not get us gifts. The exception are my son and our parents.
I want my son to have presents but not in excess...I don't want him to looose the true meaning of Christmas.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy, that is so true! We can change someone's entire day with our attitude, and it could be our own day we're changing! :-)

I feel bad because yesterday someone was racing around and ran into the back of my ankle with a shopping cart. When I turned around, I just stared at the person for a second and didn't say a word. And she didn't apologize after runing a buggy into my ankle. I wish now I had just kept going. Who knows what she had gone through to get there. I know what I went through to get there. So I'm resolved to be more patient with everyone. I guess I could thank the Lord for small favors that I didn't growl at her, but a look can be a growl. I just need to remember in all of the hustle and bustle, that this is, after all, His birthday we're celebrating.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Cool story! So funny about your shopping experience. I told my mom the same thing yesterday. Either everyone was super grouchy or super jubliant. Made me realize attitude is everything. Hope you have blessed Christmas! Heading to Texas tomorrow to be with my family. We'll chat when I return!

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
Just wanted to drop by and wish you and your family a very beautiful and blessed Christmas. Merry Christmas.

Much love to you,
♥Ana

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
You are so blessed to get to shop with your grandchildren and have a good time at it. I really wished I had someone to shop with on Monday as I was shopping in 'Langley'. I felt lonely in the crowds. Sigh...
Miss you lots, Sue

Brittany said...

You're so right! I certainly wish all the shoppers around here had some of your Christmas Spirit :) Have a Merry Christmas!!

sarah { abeachcottage } said...

hmm interesting, all about the attitude

Merry Christmas

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Shopping stresses me out any time of year, but Christmas is even worse. Why oh why do people go out if they are so unhappy and in such bad moods. I try to keep a smile on my face and a polite attitude, because you never know when the person on the receiving end of your mood needs a kind word.

Cece