Google Translator

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Four Week 'til Kitchen is Installed

Are you all ready for Christmas? I am, but my house is not. It won't take long before everything is ship-shape again, though. Right now it is in total disarray!


Do you see the ugliness that we are covering up with the lovely pine boards? We will paint them white and they will cause the kitchen to look more like it should, at 82 years old. My little house was built in 1927. If my neighbor is correct, he has researched these Craftsman style homes apparently, then the cupboards that we are having built and installed, will fit right in.









This is where we are for the time being, my dear hubby is at a business meeting, then we will nearly finish it tonight, just before running out of the boards. Too bad we couldn't finish tonight. We won't get back to it until Boxing Day, most likely. We will paint the ceiling and we will then install bead boards on the wall that you see there with the single window in it. It will go on the walls for a back splash, as well. It is a lot of work, but I won't be able to believe it is the same room when we are finished. Thanks to everyone who has reassured me along the way that it will be worth it and we will be so glad that we have done it.
If anyone has received a funny looking email from me telling you about an iPhone, you need to know that it wasn't from me. Our email contact list has been hijacked and an unknown someone has been trying to make some extra money before Christmas, using ours as well as many other people's contacts. Too bad there are those kind of people out there.
Hugs to all,
Cindy S.

7 comments:

Beverly said...

Love the look. My brother did the boards on his ceiling and it is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the whole thing. I bet you are getting so excited!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I know it has been alot of work with alot more to come, but it will be so worth it . I can't wait to see the finish of this project. Thanks for the kind note that you left me. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

ann said...

We just finished our kitchen--so worth it! I still have to post the final pic of the island granite---we are atill need to finaish backplash, but its functional and 90% there and I am in love with it! Come and check it out! (can't wait to see yours-- I love craftsman style) ann http://housefinally.blogspot.com/2009/12/kitchen-progress.html

Greet said...

Cindy,
I am looking forward to the finish of your kitchen!!
It also happened to me a few weeks ago that someone has stolen my password! Yes indeed too bad that there are people like these!
Dear Cindy, I really want to thank you for all your comments on my blog, for all your wonderful blogposts, for the skirtyou made for me( and which I wear every day now)!
I wish you and your beautiful family a Merry Christmas and a febulous New Year!!! We stay in contact!!!
A big Christmas hug!!
xx
Greet
PS For the moment is is snowing here!!! Just beautiful!!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Thanks for stopping by Cindy! I'm so far behind. My little one was sick all last week. Planning on posting today. Yes, love me some Michael Buble music. Called Big Lots about that ottoman and they said, "that's long gone." Saved myself some money anyway! Your kitchen is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Can't wait to see this finished! I hope you have a great Christmas!

Ana said...

Looking good Cindy. I am so excited for you. Cannot wait to see it all done. Have a wonderful day my friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana