Google Translator

Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Still About the Love

I hope you are taking some time to enjoy the Christmas Season. Listen to beautiful relaxing music, grind your own beans for some really good coffee and enjoy a little laugh. Then don't forget to take in some Christmas eye candy.
This is something I saved in my inspiration file a long time ago, but I think it is still very pretty. I have never had a stair case with a rail, but if I did, I would use this lovely idea to show off my stockings.

I love white with yellow along with a pop of red. That is a particularly beautiful shade of yellow, too.


As you can see, I am completely taken with Christmas, I love this time of year so much. When I was a child my folks always made a big deal of Christmas. We always had a hand cut tree, from our property when possible, with nuts and candy. My dad always made his sugary fudge, that I have been craving and don't know where to find the recipe for, and snow ice-cream, if we had a fresh snow fall. We were always together and that made it special. As we grew up, got married and moved away from home, when we all got together there was always so much love to go around. We all loved on every bodies babies and now we are loving on each other grand babies. It is still about the LOVE, not the gifts, although we do love to give them, too.
I hope you are enjoying a beautiful day, I am! We finally have a couple of inches of snow and it is -15 Celsius.
Hugs, Cindy S.

7 comments:

an angel at my table said...

Hello,

Sorry Cindy but me moving to Canada was an april fool joke for my stylists that I work with so they would sweat a little. And they all fell for it! So I remain in Sweden for a bit longer!

An angel at my table

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love these pictures, Cindy! On occasion, I have used stockings to decorate. And I tie them to the backs of DR chairs as well. Stockings are one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

Glad you got some snow!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Greet said...

Cindy,
Oh yes that picture of the stairway decoration is still pretty!!
Me too I love the Christmas period and it always brings a bit of nostalgia to me! As you had, I have had a wonderful Christmas time when I was a child and even grown-up my parents did everything what was possible to get us al together! Even now, every year, my mother is inviting us all together (my brothers and sister and some aunts and uncles) for Christmas Eve! Since my father passed away I think she promised him to not forget this special evening it was always for him!

an angel at my table said...

The funny thing is I always wanted to live in Canada! My husband is french so Montreal would be fantastic and we have lived abroad a lot in London and Melbourne, Australia. So everybordy belived it even my mother, she had to walk around a whole day worring we were living again before my father told her it was the l:st of April. I felt so bad.

Mari

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Hey Cindy~ You really do post some nice eye candy. I enjoy your blog. Would love to see snow here but it's a slim chance! Can't wait to be together with my family at Christmas. Counting the days!

Chrissy said...

What a pretty post Cindy....what would Christmas be without stockings!!! We still have not had any snow to speak of...talk soon! 0x0x0x0

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,
I always enjoy your memories of our past. We all seem to remember different things. Now as for the fudge ~ I think I have dads recipe and I will look for it when I get home tonight.
Love you, Sue