Google Translator

Monday, December 14, 2009

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays...

I haven't shown much of my Christmas decor, it is pretty basic and simple. I love to see what others have done and I even love what they have done... but it isn't me. I am a pretty simple kind of girl, with simple, plain, hopefully sweet ideas.

If you look closely at the too dark photo below, you will see the creche in amongst the greenery in the star. I love my vintage suitcases.

I have a love affair going with old silver. I pick it up for a song at GoodWill all of the time.


My chippy old chair. I am still trying to decide what to do with my table and chairs, to paint or not to paint, that is the question.


My little Christmas village that the grand loves love so much. The first things Naomi does when she comes in the door is turn on the lights of the village. Then she stands back and takes it all in.



A simple side table.



My mantle all ready for Christmas.

Looking into the sun room/music room.







Seen above is my only Christmas tree this year. I really don't have room for my table top tree or a full size tree. I have kept things pretty simple this year because we are in the middle of renovating our kitchen and the dust has been unbelievably bad. Cutting through old plaster creates a cloud every time. So please forgive any plaster dust that you see, it has been cleaned off several times and will be again.
I have not joined any of the blog parties, I have been so tired lately and busy that I haven't taken the time to do so.
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs, Cindy

14 comments:

Riet said...

Thank you for your visit Cindy. I love your home the way it is and I love how you still decorated it.

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Hey Cindy! Love your village. I want one so bad! Looked at your previous post and my, what beautiful grands you have! Your daughter's ottoman is to die for. Where did she find that? I like the size of it and am wild about the zebra fabric. To answer your question, my curtains came from JC Penney's. Look in their catalog online. They were super cheap! Not really a toile pattern per se but close enough. They come in the longer lengths too, which I like. I wanted them all the way to the ceiling but settled for the 96" b/c the others I would have had to hem and pay a little more. (I have a wall of windows so lots of curtains.) Take care! Tammy

Millie said...

I like the Christmas touches you have at your house, and the village. Good for you to do what you have, in spite of reno dust....you will be so glad when it's done!

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
Your home looks very pretty and festive. I know how it is when going through a home renovation project...but like I always say...It will be all worth it at the end...dust and all :-) Hang in there. Have a wonderful day.

Much love,
♥Ana

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
I always enjoy visiting your home! The Christmas village looks wonderful on your buffet. I saw a pair of ice skates spray painted silver at the cutest funky shop yesterday...I have been on the lookout for vintage luggage like yours. I'm home working today.. NOT ..more like blogging.
Cathy

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

And it's me again Cindy! lol Can't believe she got that foot stool at Big Lots! I'm about to break my neck to get there. Can't imagine they'd have something like that in stock here but we shall see. I have a houndstooth ottoman in my living room so I'll have to see if the colors will blend. Thanks for the info friend!

Pen Pen said...

Your home is very pretty. Love your village scene... Naomi will always remember it as a "sweet memory".

The Quintessential Magpie said...

A very charming house, Cindy! Loved seeing it all. That's neat about your grand and the Christmas Village. I love the wonder of childhood.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Greet said...

Cindy,
The decoration is so nice and charming! It is not important what others do! You have to decorate your own way! I love your charming cottage Cindy!
Hugs,
Greet

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

hahaha, I know it is not funny! I thought that was the strangest e-mail. Thanks for letting me know, and I am so sorry that it happened to you. People are so crazy.

sarah { abeachcottage } said...

I love your vintage suitcases too!

Merry Christmas!

Carolyn said...

I think you have done well for being in the middle of a big project it looks cozy!
Is it still really cold out there?Hope you feel more peppy soon.
Merry Christmas ,
Carolyn

Chrissy said...

Look amazing Cindy...I love the suitcases and I WANT all you old silver....stunning!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend,Chrissy

Brittany said...

Thanks for your visit! I am so jealous of your suitcases and silver, I can never find anything quite as nice as what you have there! Hope you and your family enjoy a very Merry Christmas, and see you later for the tutorial.