Google Translator

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We Have Snow

Barely, but it is snow, it comes down very slowly and the flakes are just itty-bitty little things. We have had a tiny bit more since these photos, but not much. I was looking at what some of you people in the more southerly climes have and I am so jealous! I love snow, in places, that is where it is expected. I hated it on the west coast because it just snarled up traffic and didn't get cleared very quickly at all.
I have pictures of how they manage snow here and it is quite amazing, to say the least. Two graders, a loader and a tractor all working together with huge dump trucks ready to haul it away, clears up snow very quickly.


The weather has been cold here. Yesterday evening it was minus 20 deg. Celsius., that is 5 deg. below 0 Fahrenheit. It is forecasted to reach minus 30 deg. Celsius by Friday, that is 30 deg. below 0 Fahrenheit. Now that is seriously COLD!

I went for a lovely walk today, the sun is shining brightly and the sky is so blue, I love it! It is minus 15 deg. Celsius right now, which is only 3 deg. F. It doesn't sound so bad in Fahrenheit, now does it.
Hope your world is merry and bright today!
Hugs, Cindy

6 comments:

Greet said...

Cindy! That is so wonderful for you! I wish I could be there with you and making together a walk in the snow and than drinking a cup of hot chocolatemilk in your charming cottage!
xxxx
Greet

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

It looks so pretty. Our snow has already come and gone. Thanks for visiting today.

Pauline said...

Dear Cindy, it's a beautiful winter scene. I'm sure there will be more snow on the way, judging by the temperature...that is seriously cold!! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've discovered that saucers in my post are quite expensive...saw them on ebay. It would be nice to have the matching cups :o)

Blessings

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Glad you are getting some snow, Cindy! I think it is cold at 50 degrees, so thinking minus temps just stops me in my tracks. But I'm glad you are enjoying it and love your spunk!

XO,

Sheila :-)

nannykim said...

Really pretty pictures. I do enjoy cold if I am extreemly bundled up or if I am sitting by a fire with something hot to drink ;-)

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Cindy, at least you have snow! Do you know how long it's been since I've seen snow? Years! Wish you could save it in a bottle and send it to me! Hugs, Tammy