Google Translator

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Do You Like Before and Afters?

I have found some wonderful Before and Afters happening at this time. My favorite is the party that Rhoda is hosting right now. There is some great stuff there! Then there is a blog call Better After and it is all before and afters. I really love that blog. There's always great inspiration to be found there.

Here is the only before and after that I have done recently. My accent color was red in my last place, but I didn't want it in this little cottage. So, one day as I thinking about what to do with them, I began to wash them and lo and behold, the red finish was coming off in my hands! I was so thrilled!


So this is what they look like now. Aren't they lovely? They are residing in my basement man's den for the time being because that is where we have had to move the "kitchen" while ours is being remodeled. I have a microwave and my laundry tub, so everything is good!




The Christmas decor came down right after Christmas and I am leaving everything pretty plain for now. Simple can be very pretty, though.




I changed my fireplace mantel to look like this and then I read what the Nester had to say about Accessories on Parade and I took four things off of the mantel. Hopefully, it looks better.


Does it look too bare now? There is a fine line between too much and not quite enough, I think.




The rest I will leave as is.




I love seeing what something looks like through the French doors.


I have turned on the comment word verification again. I know what a pain it is, but some unscrupulous people left 37 comments on an old post, from October. They were left around Christmas time and their addresses lead back to some very UGLY websites. It was all in some kind of foreign language. I couldn't read the comments and I'm glad, I would not have wanted to. I deleted the post, I find this kind of thing very disturbing. If it happens again, I will probably opt out of blogging altogether.
I hope you enjoy the Before and Afters as much as I do.
Love and hugs,

Cindy

12 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think it looks great, Cindy!

I think that the comment thing might be a computer that has hooked itself to your blog. They pick up names, too, and do this. It's insane. Sorry you're going through this hassle.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Weeble's Wobble said...

Oh I do hope you don't opt out of blogging just when I'm getting back into it! :) I don't mind the word verification at all.
I love your decor and I prefer the less cluttered look. I don't consider myself minimalist but I do think sometimes "less is more"
Love ya
Wendy

Weeble's Wobble said...

Another thing you can do is make it so you have to authorize the comments before they are displayed. I'd try that before quitting altogether :) Why let them win :P

Greet said...

Cindy,
Your pots of glass are very lovely now!
And thank you for sharing the blogs with the before and after pictures! I think that everyone loves that!
I am so sorry about what happenend on your blog! A few months ago someone had stolen my pasword! Can you imagine!!!
I am so looking forward to the instalment on your new kitchen!
Hugs my friend!

xx
Greet

Pauline said...

Hi Cindy. It's great that the colour came off those glass...I like it in either shade :o)

Word verification doesn't bother me...sorry you had to see why it is so necessary. Take care and God bless you.

Big hugs :o)

Millie said...

Cindy, I like the mantel with it's new look. Too bad about someone messing with your blog comments...I don't mind word verification.

LDH said...

Good Morning, Cindy!

The canisters and your mantle look great! I also like looking through the French doors!

Hope you no longer have trouble with comments on your blog. I have read another blog who just had the same situation and has begun using word verification again. I enjoy visiting with you!

Kindly, ldh

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
What a beautiful "after". I did like the canisters in red, but they are way more versitile in the clear. Love your mantle too. The wonderful thing about decorating is that you can always change it as many times and different ways as you like :-) Oh and I don't mind the word verfication either. So sorry that happen to your blog. I agree with Weeble's Wobble...before opting to quit blogging altogether you might try the comment authrization function first. You can't leave...I'd miss you too much my dear friend :-) Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I loved this post, one of your best. I am sorry about the post in Oct. some people are so crazy. I had a woman on rms drive me insane with mean comments and down rating everything I posted. I know how it can get to you when you don't even know why they picked you... so sorry.

bee said...

i love your blog..please don't quit !! i missed what happened and am sorry .take care cindy

bee said...

i can't wait to see the new kitchen and your sink is amazing !!

piggy said...

Hey Cindy. I was so excited to get your comment. I LOVE the name of your cottage blog and enjoyed your blog as well. I was actually supposed to come to Manitoba a few years ago on business but it did'nt work out. I have been to Vancover for a week as an add on to an Alaskan cruise...it was wonderful. I also visited one other city who's name escapes me right now as it was only for one night on business...can you believe that? Only one nitght?
I actually do realize that I signed off that way. For some reason I have been doing it since I fell in love with pigs.
Hope to see you soon!
Hogs & Kisses,
Piggy