Google Translator

Monday, January 18, 2010

January Birthdays

My husband and my two grandsons all have January birthdays.


Jon turns eight (going on 30) this weekend. I say going on 30 because he believes himself to be a man already. He will say to his dad when they are alone, "It's just us men, eh dad?" Greg, my son, will say gently but firmly, "Jon you are not a man yet, you are still a boy." He does work like a man when given the chance though, he has always loved to work along side his dad. Over the last several years Greg has spent a lot of time renovating their house and whenever Jon could, he was there at his dad's side helping. He is a very cheerful, social boy and I love spending time with him. He's a very bright and interesting child, always full of questions. He loves to be outside, when the weather is good he is often shooting baskets or riding his bike.


Then of course my littlest grand son, Nate, he turned three on Friday. If you have been following my blog you have heard about him a lot in the last several weeks. I am deeply grateful that we are celebrating his third birthday. He is also very social, he loves talking to people. Nate has always been very sports oriented, since he could make his wishes known he has loved to watch sports and play it as well. When we were visiting on the coast this summer, Nate wore us out playing baseball.


Grand sons are truly gifts from God and I thank the Lord for them. Happy Birthday Nate and Jon. Your grandpa and I love you both so very, very much.


Cindy

13 comments:

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

aww... your grandsons are so adorable! I have a Nate too! That's my oldest son's name. Happy Birthday to both of them. You have a right to be proud! And a very Happy Birthday to you my special friend! Hope your day is as lovely as you!

Chrissy said...

You are very lucky!!! Just have a quick second,the curtains were a gift from Tracey over at French Larkspur...aren't they amazing!!! Talk soon!!

Weeble's Wobble said...

Happy birthday to your cute little grandsons! Ben just had his birthday too... but unfortunately he broke his arm two days before so his swimming party didn't work out.

Greet said...

Happy birthday to your lovely and goodlooking grandsons and your husband Cindy!!
A lot of kisses!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.......
Greet

The Stylish House said...

Hi Cindy,
Yesterday I published my 1st post since before Christmas. It was nice to have a bit of a break from work, relax and do nothing.
I always enjoy visitng your site. It's like having a chat with a friend! I'm going to play catch up and have a look around to see what I missed these past weeks.
Cathy

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

He is a doll, they grow up way to fast. I just left my little one...so cute. Yes, stone!!! I will soon have a stone wall in my foyer. Get that brick off and do the stone, you have the free labor!!!

Weeble's Wobble said...

I hope it is a good thing that you are getting to know me more? haha. I have a dvd that you might enjoy as well. It is sister Jennifer Cobb from North American Ladies conference 2006 about intimacy with God. It is so powerful

Sea Witch said...

I just found your blog via Daisy Cottage, one of my favorites. I actually sought you out because you mentioned your husband is on his way to Afganistan. My son is presently there with the 173rd. He brought his command over last year. I know that the "prayer" business is your husbands life, but I wanted to add your husband and your family to my prayer list of those who fight the good fight for our nation.

YOur grandson's are adorable. I miss my "ravioli's" every day as they are scattered across the 4 winds. I created a blog just for them called "Raviolis for Lunch". Your grandchildren are also welcome to visit it at raviolisforlunch.blogspot.com.

Wishing your husband safe as he ministers to those around him. Sea Witch

whimsy said...

Cindy thank you for visiting my blog. You have beautiful grandsons. Hope they had a great birthday.

Pauline said...

Hi Cindy, both boys are so cute and precious :o)
Your kitchen is coming along so nicely...can hardly wait to see the finished results :o)

God bless you and yours.

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
Just wanted to send all your boys, that includes your hubby :-) tons of happy birthday wishes....Oooooo! And I just sneaked a peak at your kitchen progress....totally awesome. Love all the cabinets...getting closer. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

The Quintessential Magpie said...

They are as cute as can be, Cindy! I hope everyone's birthday is happy! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Beverly said...

I can't get over how cA-Ute those grandkids are!