Google Translator

Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Kitchen is Nearing Completion

It's been a long road, but we are closer to completion.


The image above was taken before the hardware was installed and before the top went on. It is stained maple, I love the dark wood, it is really gorgeous and it helps to make the buffet look like a piece of furniture. I am referring to the top piece. The doors are all painted maple.



I mentioned the last time I posted on my buffet that I did not like the straight legs. I put pieces of cut out paper on the inside of them so I could get an idea of what it could look like. I really like this look, it needs a bit of tweaking, but I will cut out the added pieces in a couple of weeks and glue it in place. What do you think, does it look better, does it go with the old style better?








The counters were installed and so the fun begins: decorating it!



The microwave is the only appliance in so far. The stove and fridge arrive on Feb. 9Th.



We still have a very long to do list:
- three light fixtures to install
- flooring to go in
-appliances to be set in place
- more bead board to go on the wall around a window and near the refrigerator hole
- heat vents and air return vents to go in
- new taps to arrive some time, they are back ordered at the moment, could be a month before I get them
- under counter lighting to be purchased and installed
Okay, I'm exhausted just writing them out. The good news is that I am flying to British Columbia on Monday and I will be gone for two weeks and most all of this will be finished when I return. The appliances will arrive the day after I get home. If you don't see much happening here you will know why. This chick is flying the coop!
Happy weekend to all of you lovely bloggersand friends!
Hugs, Cindy
PS Ann from Australia, if you read this please email me, I have lost your new email address and cannot contact you. Thanks! :0) Sorry, Ann is my friend in Australia and she recently moved to Tasmania. When my contact list on Hotmail was stolen I lost all of my addresses including hers.

20 comments:

Millie said...

It's looking SOOO good! I really like the microwave, and all those glass doors. I also think the wood additions to the legs would look great.
Have a good time away, and we'll look for more pics when you get back.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Cindy! I am absolutely thrilled for you. Everything looks great!

And yes, absolutely do those cutout pieces for the legs. That makes it look more like a piece of furniture, and I think it is in keeping with the craftsman look, too. Good idea! God for it!

You have done s super job, and I'm very, very happy for you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

"a super job"... sorry about the typo!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Yes, yes, yes to the legs on the piece. You're a genius! Everything looks wonderful. Hope you have a happy and safe trip! Blessings! Tammy

Weeble's Wobble said...

Definitely do the cut out legs. It's gorgeous!! I love your decorative displays also. :) Have fun on your trip I will miss you!

bee said...

the wood cutouts make a beautiful piece even better !!!the things you have put in your cupboards look GREAT !!!Hooray for you !! i'm so envious !! all your planning is coming together perfectly !! have fun in b.c

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

It is looking so great! I love it. thanks for sharing.

Stephanie Lynn said...

This looks amazing! I love the white, beadboard and the glass doors are gorgeous! Can't wait to see more updates - Keep up the excellent work!

paintergal said...

Oh, happy day!
I love your new kitchen.
And yes, add the curvy feet. That will really finish the look.

French-Kissed said...

It looks amazing, Cindy! You must be thrilled. I now you are anxious for all of the finishing touches. Have fun styling it, just looking at it and using it. Enjoy! ~jermaine~

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Wow Cindy, your kitchen is looking fabulous! You must be loving it. It will be so much fun to cook your first meal in it when it is completely done.

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Angie said...

It is looking fabulous!!!

Linda said...

Luv your cabinets...it's looking good and I can't wait to see the final pics! Hope you have a FUN week!

Blessings,
Linda

Greet said...

Cindy,
I was back from Paris this weekend but I did not have had any time to blog! Today I did my first post after being home! I love to see that the kitchen is installed! Beatiful! I think you are very satisfied, isn't it? I love the result! And I am looking forward to see the next pictures of it!

Hug,
Greet

Pauline said...

My dear Cindy, all I can say is WOW!!! What a great job. I'm sure you're going to enjoy your new kitchen when it's finished. We've all enjoyed watching it took shape over the past few weeks :o)
God bless you, my friend.

Hugs

Chrissy said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am loving this sooooooo much,oh and I just posted Your teapot..well,mine but like yours!!!! Talk soon,Chrissy

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
I like the new piece you added to the bottom of the center cabinet. Your kitchen is looking fantastic! I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years.
Cathy

Ana said...

Wow Cindy...It's beautiful. I'm thrilled for you. Your kitchen looks amazing, I love it. I think that the decorative pieces that you want to put on your buffet's legs is an awesome idea. I think it really ties in with the style of your kitchen. Great idea! Oh! And I do hope you had a wonderful trip...Welcome back.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Missed you girl! Glad you made it back home. Hope you had a great trip. Can't wait to see the kitchen!

The Stylish House said...

Hi Cindy,
I realized after I posted my my giveaway I easily could have included my valued northern friends. Sorry about that. It was my 1st giveaway, so I'm learning. Have a nice day:)
Cathy