Google Translator

Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Buffet in Kitchen

Here is my new buffet with china and storage cupboards.

Barry of Visions Kitchen Showcase designed this unit to showcase the pretty window. Previously, our china cabinet was sitting there in front of it. I love the way this shows the window now.



Below the shelf that you see there, will be a wooden top on the bottom cupboard and then it will look kind of like a piece of furniture. The only thing that I would have changed, had I known how it would look is, I would have had them put real furniture legs on the buffet. That would given it the look of a piece of furniture. Don't you think? I think it is SO beautiful as it is, though.



I can just imagine what it will look like with my old silver pieces and my new little glass canisters that I bought at Winners with a gift card given to me by sweet daughter #2 for Christmas. My husbands Cappuccino machine will sit there with it. I know I can make it all look wonderful. I have several inspiration pictures from magazines. I love the shelf, it will be so fun to decorate and my china and white pieces will look so wonderful behind the glass doors!


Thanks for following the progression, I appreciate all of your comments.


Hugs, Cindy

13 comments:

Millie said...

better all the time!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

I love it Cindy! How fun to have a fresh new space to decorate! I see what you mean about the furniture legs but it's still pretty. The cappuccino maching will be perfect there. It's beautiful.

LENE said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog! I wish you very welcome back and a nice Sunday.

Velvet and Linen said...

This is so much fun Cindy!
It's wonderful to see your kitchen come together. You're doing a great job :)

xo
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Aunt Cindy!
Your kitchen is going to look spectacular! I absolutely love it! Without a doubt you are going to have lots of fun decorating your new space.... mmm I can just imagine the cappucino machine there! Definitely shows your window off nicely. *2 thumbs up*
Love you!!
~Krissy~

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Looking good!!! I know you must be on cloud nine. I can't wait for the reveal photos. Thanks for your sweet note on my little tater bug, he has already stole my heart.

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Love it! Your kitchen is really looking great!

Manuela

The Stylish House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
This looks great and showcases the window beautifully! Since you mentioned you wished you thought to add legs....I believe you can modify the center piece to give it the impression of furniture. You could add an arch t0 the bottom front rail or building out the legs toward the center to make them chunkier, and add trim. Just a thought.
Cathy

P.S. Sorry for the delete, typo

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Wow--love that--I hope you let me know when you have it filled up! I worry I will forget to check back!

bee said...

love love love the cabinets and the way they frame the window !!! to see this project almost completed must be so exciting !!could the cabinet builders do legs to make them look like furniture as an add on?? only asking as i was considering that to update my own cabinets and it would be lovely on yours ..i do love them as is and can't wait to see the next update on the kitchen.

Stephanie Lynn said...

This is gorgeous. All the cabinetry is stunning. I love the white. You must be so excited - can't wait to see this baby filled up with your goodies!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I am so happy for you, Cindy! This is going to be so much fun! Looks great!

XO,

Sheila :-)