Google Translator

Monday, February 22, 2010

Carolyn's Little Cottage

Happy Birthday to my sweet daughter, Carolyn!
This is her with her two little ones, Bethy is hiding behind her and Nate is smiling.
She is a SAHM and so glad to be one, she has a wonderful husband who happily
makes the living for his family.

We are also celebrating Spring in North Western Washington! No, I don't live there, Carolyn does, though. She sent me a photo today of the Weeping Willow in her front yard.
Doesn't the green that you can see there look wonderful!?!




Inside her little cottage you will find newly painted walls and a lovely chandelier.






She made her table cloth and the window coverings are from IKEA.



A little old cupboard that I gave her several years ago.
It is the first piece of furniture that I ever painted white.
The Shabby Chic look was just catching on way back then.




This is the Beach Inspired family room. She printed out the black and
white photos of her children at the beach and framed them. Her and the kids
spend a lot of time at the beach during the summertime.




The family room fireplace that heats most of the house.
I love the saying there, so true!




A beachy place to sit.



We are in her living room now.
She got this very comfortable little chair off of Craigslist for about $25.00!
It is old, but has been reupholstered and has a lot of years left in it.
I love her little pillows!
I hope you enjoyed a little bit of Spring today.
Have a wonderful day,
Cindy


7 comments:

Greet said...

Cindy,
You have a lovely daughter and it is is so nice thatyou have a good relationship with her and your grandchildren although they live that far fromyou!
Her cottage is so cozy! I think she had seen it from her mother!
I love the words above the mantelpiece! So wonderful!!!
Congratulations to Carolyn for her Birthday!!!
xx
Greet

Manuela@TPOH said...

Your daughter's cottage is so warm and pretty!

I'm glad you liked the Root Beer Cake. I had planned on making it with a glaze the next time but I imagine the root beer cream cheese frosting must have been out of this world tasty! Sounds so good I'm going to try it next time!

Manuela

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Love your daughter's cottage. So cozy looking. The wall words are really nice. I know you must miss her but she looks very happy. Blessings!

Carolyn said...

Nice photo of your lovely daughter and her family. Her home looks so pretty too and that touch of spring is amazing.
Carolyn

Paulina said...

Hi Cindy, thank you for the browse around your daughter's home, it is quite lovely. I hope you all had a blessed time on her birthday too :o)

God bless you .

Wendy said...

Your daughter is very pretty!! And her house is adorable. :) You must miss her so.

Pen Pen said...

Absolutely, Positively Gorgeous! I love the little cottage!!! I love everything about it!