Google Translator

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Made It All This Week

Thank you to everyone who sent Birthday greetings to my sweet little granddaughter,
Naomi. Her mom showed it to her and read it out to her.
Thanks again!
I have found a great blog party to link up with today.
My hands have been busy this week in order to keep my mind busy.
I had made this curtain a few weeks back, but I didn't like where I had it, so I put
it here instead. Can you see it on my front door there?


I had taken the pink pillow covers off of these green pillows here on my sofa, but I
wasn't crazy about the green, in fact, I wanted them just to fade into the sofa.


So I covered them in an old soft muslun fabric. This fabric used to be a tablecloth,
I knew I would never use it again, so I re-purposed the fabric! I love doing that.
Now the fabric looks much like the sofa fabric. That was what I wanted.
Then I made the little middle pillow out of a fabric that I so love.
I think the overall look is better, what do you think?



Then I wanted to move these milk glass vases from where I had them.
So I put them here and plunked my wonderful jute string
into one of them. I love it!



If you have been following my blog then you know that we recently remodeled our kitchen.
This black grill was the cover to the cold air vent. I made a picture holder out of it.
I can't say it was my idea, I saw something like it on another blog somewhere.
When my hubby saw it, he told me that he really liked it! I was so pleased.



One last project. I had a pillow cover that I had made a boo-boo on.
So I cut a piece of muslun and covered it using just a hot glue gun.
Then I found a piece of wrapping that I had that had some really
pretty writing on it and I copied some of the words on to the fabric freehand.
I like the result.





What do you think?




Be sure to stop over to Cottage Instincts Make It For Monday and see what other have made.
You will be so glad you did!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday!

Hugs, Cindy




15 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the black grill photo holder!! Very clever! And the pillow is so cute!

Brittany said...

LOVE the grill :) I just may have to try that one! And the pillows all look lovely - I love the one you put writing on, looks professional!

Screaming Meme said...

I had to tell you that your home is so sweet...I love it...:) My name is Meme from Screaming Meme...I would love to invite you to Screaming Meme...It is a decorating blog...I hope to see you there! Meme

Beverly said...

Love the pillows and the black picture holder! Your home look so cozy and comfy!

As for my before and after photos...in time bloggy friend, in time. Unfortunatly I have a LOT more to loose...in about 25 more I will post some pics...:-)

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Can't believe you did that writing freehand! Adorable! And I really love how your sofa turned out with the new pillows. Exactly what it needed. Made it look twice as fluffy. Blends in so well with your colors and decor. The little pillow in the middle really adds a modern pop. Love it all!

Sherry said...

Oh, I like all those redos. They look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job Mom...Love em all...those creative juices were flowing this week...=O)

Carolyn

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
You've been busy haven't you? I love it all...especially the repurposed grill and that last little pillow with the writting....tres chic, love it. Can't wait to go visit Cottage Instincts to see what everyone else is sharing. Have a wonderful 1st day of March...Oh and by the way, my birthday is on the 5th...I'm tickled pink that we both share the same birthday month...Sweet!

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Tude Tunes said...

that is very nice Cynthia. I wish I had your talent for home decor.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Great job, Cindy! Love the pillows, the grill, and that pillow with the writing. You free-handed that??? Amazing!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

Thank you for your sweet words. LOVE the use of the grill as a photo holder. I will have to check out more of your blessed little world. I find it so inviting and cozy. :)

Cheers~
e

jen said...

so glad to have found your blog -- your room looks so incredibly peaceful - i'd like to curl up on that couch and read a good book!
beautiful - and love the creative picture holder

Anonymous said...

Very Chic Aunt Cindy! A lot of great ideas and beautifully executed ;)
Love ya
xoxo
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Pretty nifty way to use the cold air vent! You are so inventive Cindy! :)
I love your idea of using the old tablecloth for coveringyour pillows. I ran and looked in my good will bag. Thanfully there was the white tablecloth I was planning on getting rid of. No more! I am now using it to cover my 'old' chairs and my bench. It is such nice sturdy fabric it will be perfect!
Thanks for the great idea!
Hugs!!! Sue

::cottage instincts:: said...

Pillows are near and dear to my heart! I love repurposing fabric for them...a bit of effort, and a LOT of bang :)

Love that grate-turned-picture holder too.

So glad you could Mi4M!