Google Translator

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Kitchen Reveal!!!

First of all I am back from my two week vacation to see my daughters and grand loves. I was sick most of the time with the stomach flu and a horrid cold, so I didn't get to see everybody I had hoped to. But all in all, I had a wonderful time, despite everything!

My new kitchen is just about finished. I won't show you the unfinished part until it is done and then you can see it. Here below is the way the kitchen was when we moved in and had all of our stuff in. It wasn't a terrible kitchen, just very inefficient and it had NO storage. My groceries were all downstairs in the cold room.


It had a good stove, but with my love for cooking and baking I really wanted something else.



The first thing we did was tear out a small partition that had been partially left from a past renovation. It left a big hole and the ceiling on each side of it was different levels. So... my sweet hubby came up with the idea of putting in a new pine ceiling.



Does it even look like the same ceiling? Of course the light fixtures had to go, I have always loved the school house fixtures and so they are now there giving us a very bright kitchen.



My new faucet is back ordered, so I will show it to you when it arrives. It is so beautiful and will fit well into a 1927 Craftsman kitchen. We closed up the doorway that was there where the new Convection range is. I wanted lots of places for my lovely white dishes. I now have so much storage that some of the shelves are still empty. It's hard to see in the photos, but there is under counter lighting, also.


I think everything flows really well. I was concerned that the new kitchen would make the rest of the house look really shabby, but I don't think that has happened.



The new floor is a cork flooring, you can see where it meets the 83 year old oak floor there.
Someone mentioned in an earlier post when I showed the bead board that it looked authentic, well, that's because it is. We will be finishing two small walls with a bead board a little bigger than this, with the same profile.


The counter top is a Formica product, I understand that it is new, just coming out recently. The colors in it pull together the black and the browns that we have in here. I really like it. *I was not able to get an apron front sink, they are not readily available here in Canada, yet. So I selected a cast iron porcelain sink made by Kohler. I hope it lasts and doesn't mark up terribly.


This is a really awful photo, the sun was blazing through that window and it was impossible to get a better photo. I like my "Laugh" sign, it is a good reminder to keep things light and see the humor in every day frustrations.


I found a dear woman here in town who made these place mats for me. She did an exceptional job for a really good price. I am loving them!


I really like my little mismatched chairs, too. Kind of quirky I know, but it suits me well.





One last look and I am done for today. I will be showing more as the last two little walls are finished off. Thank you so much for following the progress. It seemed such a long time coming about, but it was well worth it. I am Loving It!!! My new oven is in use right now, we will have meatloaf tonight! Hopefully I will be making cookies tomorrow. Three pans at once! I can't wait!
Hugs to all,
Cindy

16 comments:

Brittany said...

WOW!!! I LOVE it! It looks like it came straight out of a magazine :) You did a fantastic job choosing just the right things - it's perfect! I know you've got to be thrilled to have it almost finished. Oh, and I love those light fixtures...and the little display cabinets with your pretty white dishes...and the built in hutch...the ceiling...the laugh sign... I like everything! :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I am so delighted for you, Cindy. The kitchen has so much charm and is very warm. Love it!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Wendy said...

It's beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. You will enjoy cooking in there!! :)

French-Kissed said...

Beautiful transformation, Cindy! Look at all that storage,the new appliances and just the overall beauty. You must be in kitchen heaven. Congratulations on a wonderful design. I really like the china hutch. It is all just gorgeous.

~jermaine~

Millie said...

Wow! It is great. You have decorated it so well too. Nice place mats!!

bee said...

i have waited patiently for you to get home and put photos up and it has being worth the wait..honestly at first i wasn't sure if this was your kitchen or something from a magazine..love love love everything!! your attention to detail is wonderful..wow!! thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I don't want to sound repetitive, but yes this could be in a magazine.. maybe you should send it in for a before & after!
It is very warm and elegant. Perfect to the T!
Everything down to the details, such as the apothecary jars, I love, I found the pear too =)Oh yes and the key hanging! haha on a beautiful ribbon!
I'm a fan of your mismatched chairs, very cute centerpiece on the table.
Your white dishes are now beautifully displayed.
.... I could go on and on!
It is all cleverly pulled together.
Love Krissy

Greet said...

Cindy,
Wow, just beautiful! Really I mean it! I would love to come to visit you to join you at the table kitchen and enjoy the good meal that you cooked in your oven!
I so love that "Laugh" word in the kitchen! A very good idea!
Good job my friend!
xx
Greet

Anonymous said...

Wow! A total transformation! Looks great and totally you....goof job Mom...=o)

Anonymous said...

I meant GOOD job Mom...=O)HA HA

Pauline said...

Cindy, your kitchen is fab!! I guess there will be a lot of yummy stuff cooked on your stove too, lol. Enjoy it. God bless you.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful kitchen Cynthia. You & Raymond are amazing together! And I know you will have so much fun producing many 'very yummy' meals. But uh... just don't eat all three sheets of cookies in one sitting. :):)
Love you both, Sue

SILVIA said...

i loveeeee it!!! beautiful kitchen..i have always loved white kitchens..amazing job!

Janis@White Alder[Home] said...

You have a beautiful kitchen (I'm a sucker for white) love all the little details.

Thanks for checking out my blog, come back soon.

Ana said...

Oh Cindy it's gorgeous. What an amazing transformation. Love, love, love it all. Can you believe it's almost all done? And wasn't all that dust and mess worth it? Enjoy your beautiful kitchen my dear friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Beverly said...

Oh I am definitely feeling a bit of envy!!! LOVE it!!!