Google Translator

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Niece Holds the Olympic Torch

If you are following the happenings of the Winter Olympics then you know that they have begun! The opening ceremonies were last night. Something is a little backwards, though. Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas just got a record snowfall of 12 1/2 inches and it has had freezing temps. Meanwhile in BC where they are having the Winter Olympics there is little to no snow on mountains that desperately need it. And the temps have been about 50 deg. Fahrenheit! Kind of curious, don't you think? They are trucking snow if from a hundred miles or more away and constructing jumps with straw.

These photos are not very large, but a little trick that I have recently learned is that if you will hold down the ctrl button and push the scroller button away from you at the same time, the images will grow larger. But I am excited to say that when the Olympic torch went through Chilliwack, BC, my niece Kristen and Brittany, a close family friend, followed it and Kristen got to hold it for a photo! How exciting is that!?!

I was there just a week ago and we tried to get some photos down at the Chilliwack River.




Anyways, that is my niece Kristen, me and my younger sis Sue.








The scenery in that area is breath-taking! I had such a wonderful visit with them. We went antique store and gift store shopping. Then we had a bowl of Borscht at a little Tea Shop. It was delicious and it was decorated so beautifully.
Then to Sue's pretty little home for a good home cooked meal. Sue is a wonderful hostess and Krissy makes great lattes. Thanks girls for such a lovely visit. I love you both so much and thank you reading my blog so faithfully, I am blessed!
Hope you all have a great Saturday!
Cindy

6 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy, how neat that your niece got to hold the torch! WOW! Interesting about the lack of snow in Canada. We are having freak snowfalls in the South! Not here where I am in Florida, but all across the lower South.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

That is cool that your niece got to hold the torch! What a memory! I can't believe there's 12 in of snow in Dallas! Close to my hometown. But, we finally got snow here. I'm so happy! My kids are excited and we've been playing in it since last night. Happy Valentine's Day!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Cindy, how fun that is for your niece!

That lamp in my photo is one of my recent Homegoods finds. $39! A great deal. I blogged about them a few weeks ago.

Manuela@TPOH said...

How exciting for your niece! Yes, we got a little over three inches of snow! Quite amazing for Georgia!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!!!
(Sorry that they turned out so small!)
It will be fun following the Olympics now that they have started.
Again, it was great having you out here! That was a great saturday. =)
Love you so much!
xoxo
Kristin

Beverly said...

How awesome to get to hold the Olympic torch!!!! I bet she is sti;ll excited.