Google Translator

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beautiful Old Buildings



We recently took a quick trip to Chicago and some of the small towns in that area. We were there for a Minister's Conference and were greatly blessed. We made some new friends that I'm quite sure we will visit again next year at this time. It was a life changing experience.





While there we drove through some of the small towns in the Chicago area. They are so picturesque and so my husband caught a few of them on camera.







This photo was taken the day that we left. The weather was so beautiful, up in the 60's F, I'm sure. Here I am enjoying the warm sunshine as we overlooked a small valley in Illinois. My dad was born and raised in Benton, Illinois, we didn't go that far South, but just being in Illinois was a thrill to me.

I love the US, I was born in the state of Washington and have many friends and family in the USA. I find people to be so friendly there, much more friendly than Canadians for some reason. I'm not quite sure why. While there we ate at the Cracker Barrel several different times. I love their menu!

Today I am joining Outdoor Wednesday, be sure to visit there and enjoy more outdoor scenes.



5 comments:

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

So glad you enjoyed your trip! Sounds fab! And Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite places to eat too. Wishin' for a road trip myself. Maybe this summer.

Wendy said...

I think Canadians are friendly, they're just more reserved for some reason, so we come across a bit more stuffy.

French-Kissed said...

I'm a little late but...Happy Birthday. Hope your day was wonderful! I have a March birthday, too. ~jermaine~

Greet said...

Cindy,
I can imagine that you had a special feeling being not so far of your father's birthplace! I understand you so well!
And what nice that you made some new friends there!!
xx
Greet

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures from your trip! Illinois will always be special to us. Glad you have a good time.

Love, Sue xoxo