Google Translator

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Moving Furniture



(Before)

Originally my antique dresser was behind my couch.
But I moved it to be on the side wall and I think I like it there better.
The color on the wall is not right in this photo.
I didn't take a photo of the dark bookcase on the wall below because I was never
happy with this wall or with how the bookcase looked on it.
But I am very happy with the bookcase now. Have a look.


(After)


The photo above was taken without a flash. Interior photos are so difficult, the colors never
quite look right. The rest of the photos are with flash. The colors look so washed out for some reason. The color on the walls below are more true to life.


(After)

Do you like how I put a white bookcase there instead of the dark one that was on the wall where I put my dresser? I think the light colors look better than the dark one did.




Do you see the ring of keys on the left of the bookcase? I found that in a Sally Ann in Grand Forks, ND when we were there recently. I had been eyeing Pottery Barns so I was delighted to find that.




I feel like it has a lighter Spring feeling to it, now. What do you think, dear reader?
Thank you for stopping by today, I wish you all a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,


8 comments:

Paulina said...

Dear Cindy, your home is so lovely. You did a good job rearranging the furniture. I am going to have to do the same as in the coming week, new carpets will be fitted. It means moving furniture from one room to the next so they can work in the empty space. Looking forward to the floor being covered though, lol.

Have a blessed day.

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

I like the symmetry of your artwork. Something about this spring weather is making me want to change around things too. Your arrangement looks great!

Wendy said...

It looks nice Cynthia, but I'm confused. What happened to your dark bookcase? Or did you paint it? :)

Anonymous said...

Very lovely. And yes it looks springy. I love the inspiration I get from your blog! A little change here and a little there and you can have a whole new look. Often without spending any money. The nice thing is how it can make you feel so much better!haha For some of us it does not take much! Home is where my heart is and I see your heart is in your home!

xoxo Sue

Anonymous said...

I just love what you've done! It looks great, the contrast, how everything is perfectly placed! =) Your blog is always so inspiring! It's so fun rearranging rooms isn't it! Nice and fresh to welcome spring.
Love you!
Kris <3

Lady Pamela said...

Hello Cindy, Nice to 'meet you'. I am so glad you found my blog.
I enjoyed visiting your home. It is looking lovely, especially your kitchen. Ours is a work in progress, our bathroom has interupted that project. Hope to talk to you again.

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
Yes, I prefer the after wall!
Also FYI, did you know on your profile your own blog is not shown? I would have been over sooner, but I couldn't get her via your profile. Luckily I remembered I had Oakview Cottage on my blogroll.
Cathy

Cindy said...

Thank you Cathy for pointing that out. I was not aware that it did not appear on my profile. I will see what I can do to change that.