Google Translator

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thrifty Thursday and a Birthday


I am joining Thrifty Thursday today



I love a good deal, don't you? And I love silver.
I have decorated my whole new kitchen buffet in a very thrifty way.
I have a favorite GoodWill store where they always have lots of old silver pieces that
I am able to pick up at prices between 10 cents and maybe $2.00.




I paid about 80 cents for the tray above and I love the look of silver trays.






I love the color of this tray. It only cost a couple of dollars, too.
I don't clean up any of my silver, I just wash them
in soap and water and use them!




The large tray can be seen better in the first photo.
The silver teapot was the first
piece of silver that I ever purchased and it was about $2.00.
That's only a few of my silver pieces, I am continually adding to my collection
and at the prices that I find them, who can blame me.
Do you like old silver? If not, tell me what you do collect that is very, very thrifty!





Happy Birthday to my sweet daughter-in-law Maranetta.
Maranetta is one of the sweetest girls in the world and we are so blessed
to have her in our family. We love you dearest Maranetta! The photos
in the frame above are the beautiful grandchildren that she and our
son have given us. I am so thankful for the day that our son married her.
We are so blessed!

Have a beautiful Thursday!!!







14 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy, every time I see your kitchen, I love it more and more. Love your silver, too.

Happy Birthday to your DIL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous kitchen! Love love love the silver teapot.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Pretty silver pieces! I posted about a silver piece too! Come on over and see!

Debbie

Masy said...

first time I'm here, and what a lovely header and what a lovely blog! ! instant happiness to watch the header! :)
have a wonderful thursday!
best,
masy

Wendy said...

I love old silver but I don't have any! haha. Just don't like to polish it. My mom had some and it was not a favorite chore of mine.

Happy birthday Maranetta if you read this!! :) (hugs)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,
Please give a birthday hug and greeting to Maranetta for me. You do have a very sweet daughter-in-law! You are blessed.
xoxo Sue

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

I'd love to hear my m-i-l say something like that about me. Glad you have a sweet daughter in law. You sound like a wonderful mother in law!

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Love your header. I love your kitchen and love the silver!! We don't have such good deals here--our Goodwill seems to charge 4 dollars and up. I get better deals at Salvation Army. Your home is nice and home--y--it speaks to my heart!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

Cindy, You have inspired me to do some rearranging of things in my kitchen this weekened! And I LOVE that you put your silver spoons out on your coffee table (header). LOVE that! I love someone who makes her own rules! That is so adorable! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday and sharing this week! I hope you will come back to visit me soon. If you haven't already, be sure to enter the giveaway.

Have a wonderful weekend.
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

piggy said...

I have awarded you the Beaugtiful Blogger award my friend. Please stop by my blog for details on how to accept it. Hogs & Kisses

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,
I know I am a bit late, but please bring over my congratulations to your daughter-in-law!
And Cindy, I am so pleaded that you enjoy your new kitchen!
xx
Greet
ps Thanks for all your comments on my blogposts! You are a sweetie!

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
You have done an absolutely beautiful job with your home! I’m always impressed to see how creative you are and the quality workmanship you do. I enjoy visiting and apologize for not dropping by as much as I would like due to being a hard working dog of late.
I scour GW &SA for exactly this reason; you can find such great things to decorate with. I saw a neat idea to spray paint silver pieces that the finish was to far gone.
You will have so much fun with this display area. Now I’m off to play catch up on your past posts I missed. Enjoy your day!
Cathy

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
I would like to invite you to enter my Spring Giveaway. This time I'm including Canada now that I'm more experienced with this whole giveaway thing, ha, ha! Have a nice weekend.
Cathy

Chrissy said...

WOW!!! Look at that kitchen and all its goodies....your good girl!! Isn't thrift shopping the best!!!x0x0x0