Google Translator

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wall Words

Recently my husband and I were in a Bible Book Store and he found the wall words. He wanted me to find one that I liked, so I did!
I think wall words are perfectly delightful, and it doesn't hurt to be reminded
on a daily basis to "Delight in the Lord."


As you can see it is above the french doors that lead in to my music room.


With a kitchen renovation has come a desire to bring beauty out in every corner of my home.




I subscribe to Kim's philosophy, from Dear Daisy Cottage, I'm sure you all know who she is.
She is the Queen of Uniqueness! I love her style and her way of thinking! Anyways, to quote Kim, "If you decorate your home in the color and things in the style that makes you smile, your home will be perfect." Then she goes on to say "Please decorate for you and your family. Not for your friends. Not for your neighbors. Not for anyone but you. Claim your spot on this earth. Do it your way."
I know some would say this or that is tacky or perhaps that color is no longer in style, but if you love it and it feels good to you, go for it!!! If you have not visited Kim's wonderful blog, then treat yourself today and go over and visit, you will be glad you did.


So with that, I have claimed my spot on this earth and I am styling my home is such a way that makes my husband and myself happy! And I hope you are doing the same. In your comment today, tell me what you think about Kim's philosophy.



Hugs,

Cindy

11 comments:

Daisy Cottage said...

Dear Cindy,

Do you know how special YOU are?

You are.

Your presence and spirit is so precious to me. I am very appreciative of you and all of the kindness you have shown over the years. You are so talented and I cannot tell you how happy I am that you are claiming your spot on this earth and making it such a lovely and special one! Your cottage is charming and is such a reflection of you. What a true home sweet home.

I'm proud of you and and I am proud to call you friend.

Thank you for everything.

Much love always,

Kim

Greet said...

Cindy,
Beautiful the wall words!
And I love the things you write about Kim!
And as Daisy said here, you are special! And when you look at the pictures of your cottage it feel so good, a real cozy home for you, your husband and your family! I only know you by blogging, but I am sure that you are such a sweet and kind person! Your home is a reflection of all of this!
Hug,
Greet

Wendy said...

I love it. It looks soo great where you put it! I recently did some wall words in our bedroom. I'd love to find some Bible words.

Wendy said...

Reminds me of Deuteronomy 11:19-20 how you have it over the door post :)

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

Hi Cindy ~ What a Beautiful Post, a Great remind to Delight in the Lord.... Next, I am heading over to Dear Daisy Cottage, I think it may be a day, lost in the Blogisphere...
Have a Great Weekend

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

The wall words are great! I have some in my son's room. I'm such a wordy person! lol I really like the font and size of yours. Oh, and I adore that white ottoman. I want one! Your entire home is taking on such a cozy, warm look. Wish I could come sit and visit with you! Too far away. Just have to settle for this. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Cindy!
I love your wall words!! I will definitly check out Daisy Cottage as soon as I get a break today. (I am at work...) I do agree that one should decorate for oneself as our home is our castle and we should love being there.
Your home is so cozy just like you!
xo Sue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Neat! I love this post, and I love Kim, too.

Those words... remind me of the Presbyterian catechism I learned as a wee one... What is the chief end of man? The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever! :-)

Your house is perfect, and it does reflect you.

XO,

Sheila

The Happy Homemaker said...

Love the wall words.They add a nice touch to the room.Very pretty:)

The Old Painted Cottage said...

May I just tell you...this post made me smile, really really big!

oxox
Jennifer

Jessica Hills said...

I love that quote above your door. I also love what you and your friend wrote about...sometimes the things I love the most in my home are things that other people think are a little out of the norm - but that's why I love them, because they are something only I would do! It is good to be reminded that I should be decorating for me and my family and no one else...now if only I could rationalize using lots of white with kids around the house...