Google Translator

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another visit to Carolyn's House

This time we will start in Bethy's bedroom.
Carolyn made the window treatments while I was visiting her this last January. She purchased the quilt at Ross'. I love the colors in there.
Next is the living room. It has a wrap around mantle, which has proved to be a challenge to decorate nicely. I think Carolyn did a lovely job of it, though.


This is the bathroom upstairs. She made the shower curtain out of a lightweight chenille with ribbon tabs. This is a nice bright room, everything is green and white. Except for her tulip, of course.



I don't know why the below picture is so small. You can push control and roll your mouse roller away from you and the pictures will all enlarge if you so desire.




Her living room again now showing the front side of the fireplace. She purchased the chair on Craigslist for $20.00. It is very sturdy and SO comfortable. The pillows were bought from an etsy shop in India. The pillows are beautiful and so well made.



Still in the living room. I love the candleabra above the footstool. Very romantic!




I hope you enjoyed the visit to my daughter's house. If we had truly gone there, she would have invited us to stay for tea. She is a gracious hostess.
I won't be blogging again until next week. I am busy getting ready for company from Regina, Sask. My sister-in-law and her two and a half year old son will be with us for three days. She's dropping her husband off in Brandon, Man. for a hockey tournament and heading over to see us. We are very excited about the visit and know we will have lots of fun with her little one. The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm!
Have yourself a beautiful weekend.

6 comments:

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Like mother like daughter. She knows how to decorate. You taught her well! Even making her own shower curtain and curtains. Maybe some day you can teach me! Hope you have a blast with your sis in law this weekend!

Carolyn said...

Carolyn's home is beautiful.She has done such a great job of making a comfortable and pretty home.
i especially love the pretty bedroom.
Thank you for sharing,
Carolyn

Wendy said...

I LOVE Bethy's room and the colours are great. She can grow into them still they're not too babyish as some pinks can be.

I hope you have a blast with your guests! I miss you

Pen Pen said...

I love the pink and green bedroom. Those window treatments are awesome.... I could stay in that room forever!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit Cindy '&' Carolyn.
One thing I can attest to is that Carloyn's home feels as peaceful as it looks! Very lovely and very elegant decorating Carolyn!
Love you both, Sue

Tracey said...

Your daughter's house is beautiful!!! She did a wonderful job decorating it! I love Bethy's room!!

:) T