Google Translator

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Birds Nest


Good morning, so glad you came back to see what I have come up with!
I have had this vintage planter for some time now and originally it was for a Wandering Jew vining plant that my son gave me for Christmas.  But I very successfully killed it over the Winter, thus leaving it empty.  I don't think there is any need for me to fill it with another plant that I will only kill.  So, I came up with this idea.  I put a little white china plate in the bottom and put some sheet moss on top of that, then inserted a small bird's nest that I found outside last year in a bush.  Then of course I had to put a small white bird in it.






I really like it!  It balances out what is on the other side.  See photo below. 
Greet asked me about the sideboard below the last time I showed it.  So far as I know it is a Canadiana piece.  I think it was made to be used in a kitchen originally.  I say that because I saw a sideboard exactly like it in a museum in northern British Columbia and it was in an old kitchen that had been set up in the museum to look like an original kitchen from the 1800's.  I'm not sure if it is an antique or not.  The two bottom drawers appear to be made out of pine, not oak like the rest of it.  The piece was given to my folks when our house burnt down in 1969.  It was painted a hideous dark brown color.  I have since refinished it.





I have been fooling around with the layout of my blog, I hope I haven't detroyed everything that I liked about it.
Blogger offered new templates, but I can't find them.  So I am back to an old one, and it is a little better than the last one.

Have a lovely day my friends!

Hugs,


4 comments:

Brittany said...

I like it, too! It looks so cute :)

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't keep plants alive! The bird nest idea is adorable. I've really been wanting to change my blog too but don't have the nerve. Too afraid I might wipe everything out. Too bad we don't live closer, we could navigate it together. I could use help in that department!

Wendy said...

Your bird's nest is so cute :) You have such neat ideas

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Great idea what you did with your vintage planter. Very nice!
You always come up with winners.
xoxo Sue